Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Recently replaced my climate control - now hazard button turns on dash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recently replaced my climate control - now hazard button turns on dash?

Hey guys - long time no see. Been busy busy with life, kids and work.

Any how I still have my 1993 Honda Civic Si with now 316,000 miles. Couple months ago my fan switch stopped working, so I found a new/used climate control. Tore apart everything to get that bugger out. While I had it out I replaced the bulbs and found out my switch overheated and melted which is why the fan stopped working.
I did some surgery on the old and new climate controls. Took the good stuff out of the old one and removed the broken slider on the new one.
So I got everything cleaned, regreased and put everything back together on my dash (even replaced some of the bulbs on the speedo/odometer - but cracked a couple of the twist sockets).
I got the dash and consoles back together and when I went to plug the hazard button in my dash lights turned on. Thought it was a bit weird, so I pressed the hazard button and everything turned off.
Took a quick nap and went to start my car and everything looked fine until I turned the key to off. The car stayed running. Pulled the key out and the car still stayed running. Pressed the hazard button and everything turned off.

So I thought I would ask you guys what's going on before I pull my hair out tomorrow trying to track down what's going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike
Old 11-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Recently replaced my climate control - now hazard button turns on dash?

Maybe you mixed up some connectors. What are the wire colors in the hazard light switch connector? Post a picture.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Recently replaced my climate control - now hazard button turns on dash?

I didn't think it was possible but yup had the hazard button plug upside-down.

So now I know for next time if I want to push start my car flip the hazard button

Now the sad thing is obviously everything plastic or rubber on my 93 Civic is getting brittle. I might have crushed the sockets for the bulbs on my speedo/odometer. 1-2 lights are out. Ugh.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Time for a trip to the junkyard. Get as many of the bulb clip as you can.. That's what I did..