Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear Windshield Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 08:29 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rear Windshield Wiper

Ok, I'm not sure if this post should go here, or tech, or appearance, so I guess I'll start it off here, and if a mod feels it necessary, they can move it.
Question, I just purchased a 94 CX HB for a winter beater (I have a 93 Si (EX in the US) coupe for summer). This damn car has no rear windshield wiper. I used to really enjoy the fact that my wife's CRX has a rear wiper, and it is actually quite useful. But this hatch doesn't have one at all. Last night driving home from work, in another typical Canadian winter night, the roads were wet from our lovely salt trucks melting the snow and ice off the roads, but the problem is, that when I drive this car in the rain or snow, the back window gets covered in crap. Don't forget this is a winter beater, not a race machine, and I don't give a rat's *** about weight for this car. So does anyone know if you can add a rear wiper to this car? I know that I'll have to add the rear wiper switch on the column, and I can add the wiper assembly to the rear window, but I'm not sure about the wiring and stuff Like from another stock civic? Any help or info would be appreciated.

Clayton
Old 02-11-2003, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (Clayton)

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure no civic has a rear window wiper....my 94 civic doesnt, i've never seen one before on any civic ever. it just has rear defrost. take the car to a shop and ask.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (Civic_EX)

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure no civic has a rear window wiper....my 94 civic doesnt, i've never seen one before on any civic ever. it just has rear defrost. take the car to a shop and ask.
Have you ever been in a hatchback? They all have housings for them, most actually have the wipers.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (splitime)

"Have you ever been in a hatchback? They all have housings for them, most actually have the wipers."

well then theres your answer i guess
Old 02-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Most likely, you don't have a rear Windshield wiper because you have a CX. Is there a hole/cap there in your window? If not you should be able to purchase and install a new rear windshield, but AFAIK most CXs do not come with rear windshield wipers. My 99 DX came with a rear wiper. The SIs definitely should come with one in your year.

It is possible that your rear window got replaced by an aftermarket one, hence the absence of your rear windshield wiper.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (MEGA EK)

5th gen hatchbacks.... cx no wiper, dx and si have wipers not sure about the VX.... anywho. im sure u can find one at a junkyard and grab the motor and stuff... as for wiring it.... i dunno how u'd go about that.... u can hardwire it im sure.... get some wiring diagrams and wire it up urself.....

GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (nerdsports)

VX has no wiper
Old 02-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (dwnthehatch)

I have a wiper (With motor and everything) I'm trying to get rid of because I don't use it. My stipulation is you send me the bracket you have on your CX. IM me if you want it.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (Apex i ITR)

I wired up one onto my cx. I just use a momentary switch on the dash. There are 4 wires in the harness but of course you only use 2 of them. It's really easy to install it too.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:08 PM
JJW
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (CXHatchback)

I wired up one onto my cx. I just use a momentary switch on the dash. There are 4 wires in the harness but of course you only use 2 of them. It's really easy to install it too.
So you used an aftermarket switch (momentary switch???) and ran the wiring yourself?

Any chance you could post directions on how to accomplish this project?

Jim
Old 03-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (Civic_EX)

...Tha nOOb hath spoken.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:02 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper (GTlvr82)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Tha nOOb hath spoken.
hehehehe...you just made my day man. That was some funny stuff....

Clayton
Old 03-21-2003, 08:37 AM
JJW
Honda-Tech Member

So Clayton, its been about a month since you started this thread.

Have you been able to install an OEM wiper on your hatch?

I agree that this car really needs one!

Jim