Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car?

A buddy of mines said after I lower my del sol using my Ground Controls that I would need a sway bar since my camber of my rear tires would be off. Is this something I NEED or just something that would help out performance or whatever.

I also saw at http://www.teamdelsol.com a how-to on fixing the camber of the tires after a drop without a sway bar. Anyone tried it and can confirm that that fixes the problem?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car? (ThrashSM)

you can always do the washer + bolt camber kit. but the sway bar would defintly help out your handling, i'm not sure if it helps out your camber but performance wise it is a plus, you will notice a big difference and there will be no more understeering
Old 07-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car? (ThrashSM)

Get smarter friends. Your friend is confusing "camber kit" with "swaybar" and I can see how you would make that mistake since they sound the same. Wait a minute, they don't sound the same.

Swaybar will reduce the amount of camber change in a hard turn, but it has nothing to do with lowering.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car? (shaundrake)

The only thing the swaybar (Anti-roll bar) does is act like a second spring for your suspension. The bar gets loaded in corners and pushes back on the suspension to level the car out. It doesn't do anything for camber. You need a camber kit and an alignment. Get tower bars before you get a sway bar. I don't think you'll be seeing any hard track time, soon.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car? (nathan atwell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nathan atwell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only thing the swaybar (Anti-roll bar) does is act like a second spring for your suspension. The bar gets loaded in corners and pushes back on the suspension to level the car out. It doesn't do anything for camber. You need a camber kit and an alignment. Get tower bars before you get a sway bar. I don't think you'll be seeing any hard track time, soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why tower bars before a sway? I put on tower bars, and had almost no difference on the skidpad. If your suspension is stiff enough, the bars don't have as much of an effect. The swaybar was the single most valuable suspension mod that I have done.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Sway Bar needed after dropping my car? (EX_AutoXer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX_AutoXer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why tower bars before a sway? I put on tower bars, and had almost no difference on the skidpad. If your suspension is stiff enough, the bars don't have as much of an effect. The swaybar was the single most valuable suspension mod that I have done.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree. It doesn't matter if your car doesn't see a road course. A rear anti-sway will make a WORLD of difference whether you're driving at speed or simply getting onto the freeway from an on-ramp. I hardly noticed any differences, if at all, with my Neuspeed front strut bar, Cusco tie bar, or Tanabe rear strut bar. With the addition of my Progress rear anti-sway bar, however, I could definitely feel the car was more planted in turns.