Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR

So do aftermarket rear LCA's do much for handling, etc.?

Also, what's the difference between omni power and srr's? I've been seeing that srr's are preferred by omni power seem to be lighter. Shed some light plz k thnx.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So do aftermarket rear LCA's do much for handling, etc.?

Also, what's the difference between omni power and srr's? I've been seeing that srr's are preferred by omni power seem to be lighter. Shed some light plz k thnx.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most aftermarket LCA's do not change much handling characteristics of your vehicle. Some come with rubber bushings and some come with plyurethane bushings. I will tell you this, SRR's LCA's are manufactured from billet aluminum. Whereas, most LCA's are forged and machined. Light doesn't mean they perform better. I hope this helped with your decision!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:38 AM
el diablo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR (Perpetual Concepts)

aftermarket lca's are mostly for bling.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR (Built to Spill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built to Spill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aftermarket lca's are mostly for bling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mostly?

The people who think they're getting any performance advantage out of them are just fooling themselves.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:44 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Default Re: Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR (JeffS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mostly?

The people who think they're getting any performance advantage out of them are just fooling themselves. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, they are lighter. i am putting on a set to reduce weight myself. hey, 2 lbs is 2 lbs. personally, i am going with the function7. they seem to be the best engineered, with serial #'s attaching each arm to a specific batch of aluminum.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear LCA's Omni Power vs. SRR (rodney)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, they are lighter. i am putting on a set to reduce weight myself. hey, 2 lbs is 2 lbs. personally, i am going with the function7. they seem to be the best engineered, with serial #'s attaching each arm to a specific batch of aluminum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes... I'd argue that your car is an exception to the rule. You've bought multiple parts specifically to save weight, specifically for competition.

99.99% of the buyers are putting them on a street car. I guess 2lbs is 2lbs and if it gets you to the grocery store .02 seconds quicker, then go for it.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:02 AM

so how much are new GSR LCA's from the dealer? i need rear LCA's for a sway bar, but those red/gold/blue/etc LCA's are way too bling for my taste.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^so paint them?
$110 for a set of omni's is a good deal imo (Im probably going to pick up a set from leo @ password this spring.

(Im never going to buy an srr product now)
Old 01-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^so paint them?
$110 for a set of omni's is a good deal imo</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree that $110 is a good deal, but since i'm buying new, i wouldn't mind paying a little more for new LCA's that were designed and tested by Honda itself. i'm not an OEM ***** by any means; if the price is similar, i'd rather buy new equipment and not have to bother with painting and whatnot.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(Im never going to buy an srr product now)</TD></TR></TABLE>
why is this? is it because of the SRR 4.7 final drive thread?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Electrician

You could go with Wicked Tuning LCAs for about $90 shipped. Same ****. Only difference you get a "star" embossed in the Omni units.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
why is this? is it because of the SRR 4.7 final drive thread?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup
Old 01-28-2005, 03:22 PM

I use the SPC arms because they are 1.5in shorter alowing for up to a 3 degree reduction in camber which means you can slam the car like my race car and still get excellent alignment
Old 01-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Trial User

I have omnipower LCA's on my ek hatch and they are BLINGIN!

Just kidding but seriously, they do look awesome but if you're gonna get some for 100 bucks then I wouldn't. I got a package deal at passwordjdm w/ coilovers and I ended up paying like 25 bucks for them so I said, that's worth it to me!

They don't really do anything other than a little weight reduction and MAYBE stiffen the rear a little (cuz of the bushings). I would say spend your 100 bucks on something that actually helps in some way, but thats just me.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WildPig)

Buy for quality, not for price. We are going to eventually get the experiment data back that was run by an engineering firm for us about the strength of aftermarket LCA's. The ones that we chose to break were: Omni, Megan Racing, Function 7, D2, SRR, and SPC.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: (Perpetual Concepts)

Just curious if you ever got the test results back?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (solkid)

i personally like the srr. but i think they're all mostly for suspension bling anyways so just go with whichever you think looks nice.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AzntaggeR)

Looking to purchase some, mostly for the bushing, as mine are toasted and seized. Just looking for some information on quality and bushings. Id rather have stiffer bushing or OEM looking for people with this knowledge.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious if you ever got the test results back?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Werd. I was thinking about getting a set but I don't want my LCA snapping...I have never heard it happening, but who knows.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stormy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use the SPC arms because they are 1.5in shorter alowing for up to a 3 degree reduction in camber which means you can slam the car like my race car and still get excellent alignment</TD></TR></TABLE>

The SPC arms are possibly the worst designed arms I have ever seen. It is retarded to pull in a wheel like that. The suspension simply wasn't meant for it.

I traded my SPC's for some OmniPower's and they are much better.

The only reason one should buy aluminum LCA's is because paying $130 for one arm is way to fricken expensive from Honda.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Mario.)

I just got the Omni rear lcas for my 95 coupe. I wanted to put in a sway bar this year and had to get a lca that could work. Teg ones were selling for 80-100(can) used but i went and spent 160canadian tax-in shipped for my set