Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear and front Wiper wiring diagram???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear and front Wiper wiring diagram???

92 civic HB CX, no rear wiper in the back and no INT option on the front....i have the wiper in the back but need the wiring diagram...does anyone know what the wires are???

My front signal switches broke so i have a EX one now and would like to hook up the INT option so i can have to leave the wipers on when it isnt raining hard...does anyone know the wiring for this also or if its possible???

sorry i dont have the helms manual and i have tried searching a lot but most people disc. the rear wiper for looks i guess....i havent found a forum about the diagram yet...and i do find the wipers and their options helpful so any HELPFUL tips would be appreicated...thx
Old 04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear and front Wiper wiring diagram??? (Supah_Eg6)

Old 04-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well ex's don't have rear wiper's, so that option is out the window. You'll have to wire the rear wiper to a seperate switch. It should be pretty simple to connect the INT wiper option because there is no seperate wire. I think you just gotta connect the control arm and put a relay in. The control arm itself should be straight forward. The hard part will be the rear wiper. You will need a DX or Si hatch floor harness.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear and front Wiper wiring diagram??? (Bond)

thanks for the info but for does anyone know what the color wires are for the rear wiper...im just going to rewire it myself but do not know what color is what...

for the INT option...what you mean by a "separate wire"? i have all the existing plugs plugged in but it doesnt work....how do i hook up a relay...will the CX wiper motor allow the INT option to work?>
Old 04-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone.....
Old 04-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i cant see the pics your trying to post???
Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Supah_Eg6)

Did you get the relays for rear wiper and the the int. wiper function? I was told they were needed when I was thinking about changing the wipers in my old vx. There is an old post on here with complete instructions including what parts are needed.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks but i couldnt find any useful threads...I guess i just have to guess and play with it...thanks anyways

No one has installed one on at Cx or Vx EG?????
Old 04-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You will need relays for the front wiper to have INT mode. The relay is what makes the wiper come on and off every few seconds. If you have a CX you will have to run all the wires from the motor you got. Just use the wire colors at the motor to know what color wires you have to match up. Just throw a relay in the fuse box under the hood. The rear wiper is just on and off so you will only need one. The problem will be that you have a Ex control arm which does not have the rear wiper switch. So you will just have to wire up a switch and put it some where. I do believe when I swap my floor harness in my Dx for a Si (needed for wiring up power mirrors) that the rear hatch wiper wire is green with a red stripe. I do believe I only cut one for the rear wiper so I think there is only one wire. Is your Cx wire harness pre-wired for a rear wiper? If not you will need a Dx or Si floor harness to do it right. Just PM me if you need more help or just keep posting here.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear and front Wiper wiring diagram??? (Bond)

THANKS FOR YOU HELP....SO ALL I NEED A RELAY IN THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE HOOD? OR A RELAY THAT I HOOKUP...IF ITS A RELAY THAT I JUST GET AND PLUG IN, THEN THAT SHOULD BE EASY IN ENOUGH.. RIGHT? DO I STILL NEED TO RUN WIRES FROM THE CONTROL ARM ON THE STEERING COLUMN TO THE WIPER MOTOR OR ANYTHING?

i DONT MIND USING A BUTTON FOR THE REAR WIPER...I GET A LOT OF DEW, DUE TO MORNING FOG, SO I ONLY NEED THE WIPER IN THE MORNING...I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT WIRE COLOR IS WHAT..

THANKS AGAIN bOND
Old 04-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Supah_Eg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THANKS FOR YOU HELP....SO ALL I NEED A RELAY IN THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE HOOD? OR A RELAY THAT I HOOKUP...IF ITS A RELAY THAT I JUST GET AND PLUG IN, THEN THAT SHOULD BE EASY IN ENOUGH.. RIGHT? DO I STILL NEED TO RUN WIRES FROM THE CONTROL ARM ON THE STEERING COLUMN TO THE WIPER MOTOR OR ANYTHING?

i DONT MIND USING A BUTTON FOR THE REAR WIPER...I GET A LOT OF DEW, DUE TO MORNING FOG, SO I ONLY NEED THE WIPER IN THE MORNING...I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT WIRE COLOR IS WHAT..

THANKS AGAIN bOND</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are going to have to replace the relayin the fuse box at the back of it. The wiper motor that you have has two wires going in and out right. What color are they. I pretty sure one of them is green with a red stripe. I am not sure on the other one though. Let me go check my setup and I will post all the details again. Here is a great post for how to wire up int. wiper relay and such. Just follow what this guy did and you should be good. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=814006

Modified by Bond at 2:23 AM 4/20/2005