Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear disc conv.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear disc conv.

I'm getting 95 integra rear discs for my 98 civic hatch soon... wondering if there are any good write up's about this topic... I'm buying the whole rear assembly with e-brake cables from another HT member... i know i have to upgrade the master cylinder and proportioning valve... is there anything else I'm missing???? let me know what kind of luck or problems you guys have seen... thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 01:20 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: Rear disc conv. (damnecheck)

Your 98 civic hatch already has the same proportioning valve as the 99 Si (40/40 rear disc). I don't know why, but Honda used it in all the hatches.

Compare the bushings in the integra trailing arm & the bushing in your trailing arm. Use the trailing arm with the better bushings. If it happens to be the civic ones, you should just swap the spindles onto your trailing arms. You will need a special torx driver for your ratchet/breaker bar (mabey somebody else can say what size). You will also have to use your civic LCAs since integra ones arn't the same size. I'm not sure which brake cables work best with your car, so do a search on that one (or mabey somebody else knows).

1. Clean your caliper guide pins & re lube them (use disc brake lube & get the pins to bottom out befor install).
2. Resurface or Replace Rotors (brembo blanks are best).
3. Replace Pads (if new shims arn't included, get new shims too).
4. Replace all Caliper hardware (all stamped metal pieces).
5. Lube all sliding surfaces between Pads & caliper hardware (use disc brake lube).
6. Use red disc brake goo where pads touch shims & were shims touch caliper (use small amounts).
7. Use Brake lines that match the rear brakes (year/model).
8. Use pliers to screw the pistons back into the calipers all the way (don't let the boot get twisted)
Old 01-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rear disc conv. (damnecheck)

Wow, i'm trying to not be a jackass but this has to be the most discussed topic ever.....It's in the sticky at the top of the forum...which also has hell of other good DIY installs...but here is the topic for the ek https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=641639

p.s. they didn't put the 'search' option there just for ****...