Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear control arm bushing???

Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear control arm bushing???

Before I start, yes I searched. I have a set of integra rear lower control arms so I can put a rear sway on my eg. When I pulled the arms off of the car at the junk yard all of the bushings were bad and the strut bolts seized and broke on both sides. So I torched them all out.
Now that it's tax time I'm looking to replace those bushings. But I'm wondering if I could save alittle bit of money and order the bushings from a civic instead of an integra?
By the way I also removed the metal collar that surrounds the rubber part of the bushing so I think aftermarket is out of the question.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:30 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: Rear control arm bushing??? (mental1)

dont think u have to order the whole kit. Go to energysuspension.com and see if they just make a kit for the rear lower control arm for the integra. I'm sure they do.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rear control arm bushing??? (mental1)

you can buy just the bushings from honda:

BUT,they're $14 each

i think Energy Suspension and/or Prothane sells individual bushings.

if there is a price difference,the Civic bushings will work.
Chris
Old 02-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With the es or prothane don't you need to leave the outer metal part of the bushing in the arm? If so I can't use those because I already removed those.
By the way I already checked pricing on the bushings through majestichonda, for the civic ones it ended up alittle under $90 for all of them and the integra ones were around $110, so not much difference in price. I was just wondering if the oem bushings were interchangable.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (mental1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mental1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With the es or prothane don't you need to leave the outer metal part of the bushing in the arm? If so I can't use those because I already removed those.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i don't THINK you leave the metal sleeve,but i'm not sure.i'd ask them just to make sure.
Chris
Old 02-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i don't THINK you leave the metal sleeve,but i'm not sure.i'd ask them just to make sure.
Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

The ones my roommate bought from ES came with the replacements for the sleeves.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: (nub.96ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mental1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With the es or prothane don't you need to leave the outer metal part of the bushing in the arm? If so I can't use those because I already removed those.
By the way I already checked pricing on the bushings through majestichonda, for the civic ones it ended up alittle under $90 for all of them and the integra ones were around $110, so not much difference in price. I was just wondering if the oem bushings were interchangable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If ur planning to pay that price, may as well get ES or prothane. And i think u may have to take it to a shop to have the old bushings pressed out, unless u have lots of spare time and a hacksaw.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Rear control arm bushing??? (rukawa1one)

um i think you will need the metal sleeves because i had the omni lower controle arms and it came with them in the solid bushings. or i could be wrong and it comes in the bushing to begin with
Old 02-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Rear control arm bushing??? (buzzbombtom)

i think that metal sleeve is considered part of the bushing, cuz if u ever have to purchase it from the dealer, the new bushing comes with the metal sleeve already around, thus it must be pressed out or.... hacksaw+time+sweat
Old 02-06-2005, 10:17 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: Rear control arm bushing??? (rukawa1one)

FYI, integra LCA bushings are different from civic (no swaybar) rear LCA bushings. The civic ones are all rubber between the inner & outer sleeves, while the integra ones have extra metal pieces in them. This should cut down on deflection considerably.

If your replacing bushings with new OEM ones, you will have to press them out. The torch won't remove the old outer sleeves.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I already have the rubber part torched out and cut the outer sleeve out. I wasn't working for awhile so I had alot of time on my hands.
I was leaning towards replacing them with new oem bushings, because I've heard that the es ones squeek and the CX has enough road noise already. But at the same the if I didn't have to drive the car everyday I don't think I'ld mind alittle extra noise (if the es ones actually do make noise).
Old 02-07-2005, 01:11 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: (mental1)

They just become really squeeky after a while (once lube wears off). My frend put custom suspension in his Ranger w/ ES bushings, and it sounded like a couple of newly wedds on their honeymoon when he was driving down the road.

If you want a better price on the OEM integra bushings, look up the 95 EX 4 doors. That model has rear swaybar (13mm) from the factory, and has the same LCAs/bushings as integras. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com prices are better than http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org too...
Old 02-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks. I think I'm going to stick with the oem bushing for now. Maybe later on get the es kit.