Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Really Weird Boost starting problem...???????? idk what the hell is goin on .

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Weird Boost starting problem...???????? idk what the hell is goin on .

alright guys... i have a 94 del sol with a z6 turbo. i got a full boost setup for a crack head price. i got all the pipes,bov,turbo,manifold,wastegate, intercooler, oil lines, boost controller, turbo timer, boost and a/f gauge, fuel rail, injectors, and a p28 that was tuned at 10psi for a y8 for 900. but anyways ever since i boosted my car i've had a wierd starting problem..... if i havn't started the car all day the car cranks right up. but if i drive for a while and turn it off theres a problem. if it sits for less then15 minutes is starts up but i have to rev. but if it sits for more than that and less than an hour.. it will just sit there and try to crank but wont turnover. like it flooded itself out or something. the only way i've ever been able to start it is if i wait like and hour. but i tried something new by unplugging the line and the bottom of the fuel regulator on the fuel rail and it will crank. then i just plug it back in when i start the car... but the weird thing is that no fuel pours out of the regulator. i have a stock fuel pump and regulator. i hear the clicks from the main relay and i hear the fuel pump turn on... i'm assuming that y when i boost sometimes it will backfire the entire gear... i'm completly lost can someone help?