Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors?

I tried searching but only found enough info to ask better questions.

I have a 2000 Si that I am currently building. I'm going with port/polish b16 head/itr valvetrain/ctr pistons/uberdata. i'm looking for bigger injectors.

from what i hear the s2000 injectors will plug right in but i dont know if they are injecting too much fuel for my mild all-motor setup.

so - should i pay out the *** for the s2k injectors? or should I get the rc 310's and hunt down a conversion harness?

if i go with the rc's, what are my options to convert my obd2 plugs to fit these injectors?

any help much appreciated!!
Old 02-12-2005, 05:31 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors? (nissanjon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nissanjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I tried searching but only found enough info to ask better questions.

I have a 2000 Si that I am currently building. I'm going with port/polish b16 head/itr valvetrain/ctr pistons/uberdata. i'm looking for bigger injectors.

from what i hear the s2000 injectors will plug right in but i dont know if they are injecting too much fuel for my mild all-motor setup.

so - should i pay out the *** for the s2k injectors? or should I get the rc 310's and hunt down a conversion harness?

if i go with the rc's, what are my options to convert my obd2 plugs to fit these injectors?

any help much appreciated!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uberdata will take care of the amount of fuel being dumped in if you get it tuned right. I don't really see why you're wanting to get bigger injectors for the build you're looking at, but to each his own I guess.

To make RCs work with an OBDII car you'll have to get some OBDI injector clips. Go to any junkyard and find yourself a pre 1996 fuel injected car. I'm actually running some clips off a chevy something or another in my car. Once you get 'em, cut off your original clips , strip the wires and SOLDER on the new ones. Make sure you solder these because those connections are VERY important. Nothing like a mis-firing injector causing that cylinder to run lean to ruin your day.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors? (IslandSi)

shop around...you can get brand new RC's with new aftermarket injector clips for around $300. Or you can buy some used ones with used OBD1 clips for around $150...but I'd go new just to make sure they are working properly.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors? (IslandSi)

thanks IslandSi - care to elaborate? i'm learning as i go, but from what i heard, the stock injectors would have to be run to the max, therefor failing sooner - i heard that bigger injectors work more effortlessly and be controlled via uberdata...

any educational info very much appreciated...
Old 02-12-2005, 07:13 PM

I got some DSM injectors for sale. They are 450cc with the harness for them let me know if u want them i give u everything for $100, email me BOOSTED92EG@aol.com i also got a CTR crank pully for $50 or if u want them both i give to u for $125 and i pay for shipping
Old 02-12-2005, 07:40 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nissanjon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks IslandSi - care to elaborate? i'm learning as i go, but from what i heard, the stock injectors would have to be run to the max, therefor failing sooner - i heard that bigger injectors work more effortlessly and be controlled via uberdata...

any educational info very much appreciated...
</TD></TR></TABLE> Like you said the bigger injectors wont have to work as hard. If you run the large injectors with what you mentioned you will be way too rich on air/fuel. The UberData can mod the fuel map to apply a slightly lower voltage to the injectors causing them to not push all the fuel they are capable of pushing in turn providing you with a nice air/fuel ratio. Need more info?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors? (HondaFanatic708)

btw the b16 that is being built has 172k miles on it and the injectors are original. i'm going to replace them anyway, so i hope you guys can direct me to the right one.

what about some rc 270's? would that work better considering the setup I described in the first post? i dont want to run too rich, but I also dont want my injectors to fail.

if so, i wouldn't have a problem yanking some obd1 plugs from a pick-n-pull and then soldering them....

thanks!

Old 02-12-2005, 07:51 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A

If you plan to build up more later just buy the bigger RC injectors and have the UberData tuned to lean out the air/fuel properly.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: rc injector plug adapter or s2k injectors? (HondaFanatic708)

i dont plan to do much more. i just want a mild build with some ctr pistons and itr valvetrain/cams/tranny. My goal is a reliable daily driver that looks stock even when you pop the hood, yet packs a harder punch than a stock si. or a gsr. or whatever.

the block should be bored and balanced by wednesday. i cant wait to get this thing back together, tune it, and enjoy a new itr tranny on top of it all

so...270's or 310's ? or soemthing else?

edit - not trying to change the topic but would anyone happen to know if i can use Si axles with the ITR tranny, or do i need ITR axles?
Old 02-12-2005, 11:09 PM

Go 310cc, not much of a price difference.

When you install them get an Uberdata P30 base map with the fuel scaled for the 310's. Once you get everything fully running get it dyno tuned starting from the P30 base.

You can use any B-series axles on the ITR tranny.