Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Radio code thing

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code thing

Hey i have a 95 DX and i put an alpine cd player in it but now im taking it out to sell it and im going to rock my stock radio for awhile. my question is do i need a security code or will it still work? if i need the code who can hook it up and find it for me? or where could i find it? any help is apreciated. TY
Old 02-03-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Radio code thing (civicflnum1)

if your stock radio is anti-theft then you will need the code to re-install it...i believe the code is found inside your center console..check for a 5 digit code..let me know if you found it
Old 02-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You shouldn't need a radio code for a '95 civic radio.

If you ever need to get a radio code, copy down the serial # on the radio and call your local Honda Dealer.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Radio code thing (vtec181)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec181 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your stock radio is anti-theft then you will need the code to re-install it...i believe the code is found inside your center console..check for a 5 digit code..let me know if you found it</TD></TR></TABLE>

where inside the console? ill check tomorrow
Old 02-04-2004, 07:51 PM

i was told that the code is in the center consoles (the compartment between the driver and the passenger seats) check for a sticker
Old 02-04-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Radio code thing (vtec181)

i have a 99, i dont know if there diff., but my radio code sticker is located in the glove box on the right side.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:08 AM
F*CK THIEVES!

Default Re: Radio code thing (onelowchef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onelowchef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 99, i dont know if there diff., but my radio code sticker is located in the glove box on the right side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup..mines 2
Old 02-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Radio code thing (hasback_00)

The tech who does the pre-delivery inspection on the car at the dealership is supposed to place a sticker with the code on it, somewhere on the car.
The glove box is a very common place, but not everyone puts them there, and some dont do it at all.

If you cant find a sticker, just right down the serial # and call honda.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:19 PM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Radio code thing (Slopoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slopoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The tech who does the pre-delivery inspection on the car at the dealership is supposed to place a sticker with the code on it, somewhere on the car.
The glove box is a very common place, but not everyone puts them there, and some dont do it at all.

If you cant find a sticker, just right down the serial # and call honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly what he said. To clarify on the serial number, though, it's on the head unit.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Radio code thing (Slopoke)

A 1995 Civic radio shouldn't require you to enter a security code, but I may be wrong. I thought this was only a feature of '96 and later Civics.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slopoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The tech who does the pre-delivery inspection on the car at the dealership is supposed to place a sticker with the code on it, somewhere on the car.

If you cant find a sticker, just right down the serial # and call honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This is correct. The inside of the glove box is the first place to check; also check the under-side of the rear speakers (in coupes/sedans), or snoop around in your glove box and look for the radio code card that comes with the car from the factory. If you can't find the radio code anywhere, you'll have to disassemble the dash and pull the head unit to get its serial number - which you take to a Honda dealer and have them run it through the computer to get the security code.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:30 PM

Hey I used to take mine out all the time before I switched radios and I never once had a problem when i put it back in. I don't think there is any sort of code. But I could be wrong though.