Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator.

I searched and didn't see any information about this, so here goes.

I work part time as a manager at Auto Zone, it was slow tonight so I started looking up random **** for my car, 92' Honda Civic DX HB. I currently have a dual core radiator, I got lucky and it came with the car(my HB that is). I was goofin off and looked up a radiator for my car and discovered we had one in stock $99.99 and it said 2 row, I was like WTF? So I looked up one for the 94' Sol Si, 93' DX, 95 LX, and all of them had the same part#. AZ must have been cool enough to use the dual core as a replacement for all civics 92-95!

Moral of the story, any of you guys with a swap looking for an inexpensive radiator upgrade from your stock single core at autozone (yes it is in stock and I looked and verified it! ) go to your local autozone (other places may have them, I dunno) and ask for part #432352.........here again are the specs:

P/N:432352
Cost: $99.99 + tax
comes with a limited lifetime warrenty
manufacturer: Transpro Radiator and it was made in China

How are they, I rarely have any come back, I have one in my 88' Olds Delta 88 w/3.8L for about 3 years now with no problems.......

Just thought I would share that, way I look at it, cheap way for an upgraded radiator with a warrenty!

OK, I know there has been lots of debate over whether or not this is the real deal, sorry for the shitty pics but here they are. I will take the radiator outside tonight at work and take better pics under better light.

Update I took the best pics my puny Polaroid PhotoMax PDC640 Digicam can do! I think this goes to show that it definately is a dual core radiator and I am not smoking crack!

My home away from home

[Modified by ImprtTuner88, 11:50 AM 2/24/2003]

[Modified by ImprtTuner88, 1:32 PM 2/24/2003]

[Modified by ImprtTuner88, 1:36 PM 2/24/2003]

[Modified by ImprtTuner88, 8:20 AM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (ImprtTuner88)

whoa, cool, good lookin out. i might have to pick one up, does it have the plastic or the metal top?

edit: do you have a pic of it installed?

[Modified by tominos, 7:58 PM 2/22/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 07:00 PM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (tominos)

whoa, cool, good lookin out. i might have to pick one up, does it have the plastic or the metal top?

edit: do you have a pic of it installed?

[Modified by tominos, 7:58 PM 2/22/2003]
actually I can take a pic of it tomorrow at work and show it to all of you, won't be up though till I get off work, but I will take care of it tomorrow

good question, I will check at work tomorrow, my memory tells me metal BUT, I will verify tomorrow at work!

[Modified by ImprtTuner88, 11:01 PM 2/22/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (ImprtTuner88)

That's hard to believe...

Hopefully you get the right one, because the Del Sol Si came with a single core...
The DOHC Vtec model had the dual core radiator...
Old 02-22-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Lemme know

Hurry up, this could be supa useful info.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:51 AM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (SpoolinSol)

that is what I am referring too, the del sol si with the B16A
Old 02-23-2003, 06:46 AM

no del sol si has b16. the del sol vtec does tho. if your lookin up the si, it has the d16z6. which would explain why that d-series sol has the same d-series radiator as your d-series civic. if you want the dual core you gotta specify vtec sol with dohc engine. either you got the wrong radiator or your part list is messed up man. take some pics.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:54 AM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (Pengo)

its the right radiator, I will post the pics up shortly. trust me. I have the dual core already, this one in the box looks identical. and on my computer when you load up the 94' Del Sol Si, its only engine size is the 1.6L DOHC..............
Old 02-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

94' Del Sol Si, its only engine size is the 1.6L DOHC..............
Thats weird b/c the 94 Del Sol Si has a 1.6L SOHC...
Old 02-23-2003, 12:18 PM

i heard a rumor that AUTO del sol si and auto civics came with dual core also... i gues they needed the extra cooling for some reason or another that dealt with the auto tranny????????? just a rumor i heard cause when i was shoppin around for a del sol d.c my friend was like just get an auto civic one. etc etc
Old 02-23-2003, 12:23 PM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (Option2 eg6)

i heard a rumor that AUTO del sol si and auto civics came with dual core also... i gues they needed the extra cooling for some reason or another that dealt with the auto tranny????????? just a rumor i heard cause when i was shoppin around for a del sol d.c my friend was like just get an auto civic one. etc etc

yea im running a automatic del sol radiator..it is in fact bigger then the normal 5 speed one because it does need that extra cooling to help out the auto tranny. i got it for 40 bucks at a local junk yard..
Old 02-23-2003, 07:25 PM

its the right radiator, I will post the pics up shortly. trust me. I have the dual core already, this one in the box looks identical. and on my computer when you load up the 94' Del Sol Si, its only engine size is the 1.6L DOHC..............
sorry man, then your computer is very wrong. fact of the matter is that del sol si comes ONLY with 1.6 sohc. i can go outside and drive under a streetlight and take a pic for you if you want. i'll pull my radiator and take pics too. if you go anywhere lookin for the dual core and ask for a stock del sol si radiator i guarantee if their computer is correct you will get a single core. sometimes you ask for the del sol vtec rad and they STILL screw you and give you the single.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (Pengo)

sweet
Old 02-24-2003, 04:50 AM

Damn guys get off of him. he just isnt real familiar with the del sol's. The radiator in his car is a dual core radiator, so he knows the difference.

Try and be helpful and everyone has to have a problem with it.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is what I am referring too, the del sol si with the B16A
I am sorry my friend but you are sadly mistaken.

The Del Sol Si is a sohc vtec and therefere not a B16.

The DOHC Vtec, also referred to as Vtec by dealership's and auto parts stores is the B16.

[Modified by SpoolinSol, 4:19 PM 2/24/2003]
Old 02-24-2003, 07:37 AM

sorry man, then your computer is very wrong. fact of the matter is that del sol si comes ONLY with 1.6 sohc. i can go outside and drive under a streetlight and take a pic for you if you want. i'll pull my radiator and take pics too. if you go anywhere lookin for the dual core and ask for a stock del sol si radiator i guarantee if their computer is correct you will get a single core. sometimes you ask for the del sol vtec rad and they STILL screw you and give you the single.
I am not gonna argue with you but look at the pics, it is a dual core. and when I get home tonight I will take care of my dual core I got out of the junkyard man............admit it, there is a good deal out there.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (tz-devil77)

i dont see whats so wrong with me correcting his error. i never doubted he had a dual core nor did i call him a liar in any way. i was simply stating the fact that del sol si's don't come with dohcs. and if that's what his computer says then i think i'm helping him out by letting him know that it should be corrected. how is he supposed to learn if i let him keep on believing things that factually aren't true? i don't have any "problem" with him being helpful. i think it would be me being not helpful if i didn't attempt to correct incorrect info that he is putting out on the board that some newbie in the future might look up, and then go looking for a del sol si radiators and get the same single core that came in his civic. sorry for trying to spread what little information and knowledge i have. i usually try to be helpful with people when i can but i guess i'm not allowed to tell someone they're wrong when they are. sorry for being such a terrible jerk.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:50 AM

He also stated that the del sol s, si, and dohc vtec at autozone are showing the same part number. he pulled it down and it was the dual core. Apparently az is being nice and using the dual core as a replacement for all of them.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:13 AM

i dont see whats so wrong with me correcting his error. i never doubted he had a dual core nor did i call him a liar in any way. i was simply stating the fact that del sol si's don't come with dohcs. and if that's what his computer says then i think i'm helping him out by letting him know that it should be corrected. how is he supposed to learn if i let him keep on believing things that factually aren't true? i don't have any "problem" with him being helpful. i think it would be me being not helpful if i didn't attempt to correct incorrect info that he is putting out on the board that some newbie in the future might look up, and then go looking for a del sol si radiators and get the same single core that came in his civic. sorry for trying to spread what little information and knowledge i have. i usually try to be helpful with people when i can but i guess i'm not allowed to tell someone they're wrong when they are. sorry for being such a terrible jerk.
I am not going to disagree with you at all. In fact thanks for pointing that out. I don't know if I can do anything to update the system like you are referring to or not, but I will check on it. But, the cool thing is that the replacement radiators listed for all 92-95 Honda Civics and 94-97 Honda Civic Del Sol's are listed as part #432352. I will admit that I didn't know that the B16A was an option, so I thank you for pointing that out to me! Truth be known I am a rotorhead at heart being that my first and true love of high performance imports was my FC3S 88' Mazda RX7 Turbo II. I have recently gotten into honda's (about a year and a half ago) and know that I still don't know everything and rely on H-T to learn something new practically every day!

Just wanted to help out some people who might be in the market for an upgraded OEM style radiator.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:22 AM

btw, the pics aren't showing up at my computer at work, anyone know if they are showing or not? or is it alot of red x's? Or are they not working at all?

thanks..........
Old 02-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i only see red x's. so is part #432352 a dual core radiator? is it metal or plastic?
Old 02-24-2003, 09:27 AM

Good info for the newbies. We have none that for a while around here in SoCal at least. The automatics also have dual core. Since you work at Autozone look up and check how much a 95 Integra radiator costs.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:28 AM

Red X's for me.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (ejprimo)

i only see red x's. so is part #432352 a dual core radiator? is it metal or plastic?
The body is metal flued (sp?) and the top and bottom are plastic.................now to fix those red x's!

John
Old 02-24-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Re: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator. (vivid02)

Since you work at Autozone look up and check how much a 95 Integra radiator costs.
I will look tonight!

Quick Reply: radiator topic........tip for those looking for dual core del sol radiator.