Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

radiator hose fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator hose fitment question

i put a 96 gsr motor in my 96 ex coupe and the radiator hoses are different, my civic has a smaller diamiter hose then the gsr. i need to know what hose i need(upper,lower) to fit the gsr and the stock civic radiator. i have heard of civic si and some del sol hoses work but i dont want to buy anything till i fing out for sure. please help me out guys. and before anyone says SEARCH! i have already and cant find a straight answer.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to use the GSR hoses and replace the radiator with one from either a Del Sol VTEC or a 99-00 Civic Si.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

i have heard of people getting hoses that go from one size to the other? theres gotta be another way then to replace the radiator itself. if anyone knows how please let me know....thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: radiator hose fitment question (helpmycivic)

You can use worm clamps, here is an eg radiator in a gsr that we used. Never had issues, so far we used these radiators on 3 gsr's. Holds up fine, no leaks.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
HT White Ops

my EJ6 radiator leaked with a worm clamp on my B18B.... I like the Del Sol VTEC radiator just fine, dual core FTW
Old 02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my EJ6 radiator leaked with a worm clamp on my B18B.... I like the Del Sol VTEC radiator just fine, dual core FTW </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah like I said, never once had issues. The non boosted teg
Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (RCautoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah like I said, never once had issues. The non boosted teg
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really dunno. Mine leaked, no matter how much I tightened it.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really dunno. Mine leaked, no matter how much I tightened it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM clamps ?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i tried the worm clamps and it didnt work out so good. still leaked no matter how tight i could get it. i even wrapped electical tape around the radiator outlet just to see if i could get is to seal and still didnt work. just gonna have to find some hoses that work. i really dont want to and cant afford another radiator at the moment. if anyone knows what hoses to use PLEASE help me out.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (helpmycivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i tried the worm clamps and it didnt work out so good. still leaked no matter how tight i could get it. i even wrapped electical tape around the radiator outlet just to see if i could get is to seal and still didnt work. just gonna have to find some hoses that work. i really dont want to and cant afford another radiator at the moment. if anyone knows what hoses to use PLEASE help me out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There aren't any hoses that are direct fit.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well actually they do. http://www.jhpusa.com there made by samco, i just cant justify spending 100+ bucks on hoses. but ive heard there are some other hoses that fit. i keep hearing that the 2000 civic SI hoses are direct fit but cant find anybody to confirm that ?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well actually they do. http://www.jhpusa.com there made by samco, i just cant justify spending 100+ bucks on hoses. but ive heard there are some other hoses that fit. i keep hearing that the 2000 civic SI hoses are direct fit but cant find anybody to confirm that ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, the problem is that the B-series hoses have a 1.25" inner diameter, and the D-series hoses have a 1.125" ID. The Samco hoses are not for using D-series radiators on B-series engines. They're the same ID beginning to end.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i know. and samco makes hoses specificaly for swaps! im just saying that i have read ALOT of threads about people using the SI hoses. just looking for info on exactly what hose they use. i guess you just have better luck then me. i cant get the gsr hoses to seal. there is nothing else i can do about it but swap to a diff radiator or buy the samco hoses unless someone else knows another solution.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes i know. and samco makes hoses specificaly for swaps! im just saying that i have read ALOT of threads about people using the SI hoses. just looking for info on exactly what hose they use. i guess you just have better luck then me. i cant get the gsr hoses to seal. there is nothing else i can do about it but swap to a diff radiator or buy the samco hoses unless someone else knows another solution.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Swap the goodamn radiator. You obviously don't get it. Si hoses won't work. They'll still leak, just like your GSR hoses. They both have the same ID. You can get a new radiator that's a dual core and has the proper OD in/out to fit your GSR hoses.

http://www.radiatorbarn.com/s7...=1.6L

$120 shipped, and the radiator is also twice as thick as your stock one. Perfect fitment and better cooling.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 PM
HT White Ops

By the way, none of those hoses are for swaps. Read the descriptions. They have the same ID start to finish. They are not conversion hoses.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well heres what i still dont get then. the 99-00 SI has a b series in it. im under the impression that most if not all b series have the same size hose outlets on the motor. well the 2000 si has the same radiator thats in my ex, i looked it up and both part #'s are the same. so this would mean that the si hose would fit my motor because its a b series and still fit my radiator because its the exact same one? if i have my info wrong just let me know. you dont have to be a jackas** about it. this is the info im getting most places. i guess ill just have to take a trip to the local honda dealer and look for my self. if not, then i will either buy the samco hoses or swap the radiator. but im trying not to have to do that cuz i dont have the $ right now since i spent it all on the swap!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you even read it? "Samco Radiator Hose Kit 92-95 Civic (B16A)" thats what the site says. but i didnt know that the 92-95 civics were offered with a B16A??
Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

use your ex hoses..heat em up so they expand easier and use some wd40 and slip them on. ..no but really..find a good set of worm clamps and clamp them tight...worked for me.. ..last choice..swap radiators...
Old 02-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (k^motor)

i tried the worm clamps and nothing but leaks. no matter how tight i get it(feels like the damn clamp is gonna snap) it still dosent work. im gonna go to the dealer tommarro and find out forsure about the si hoses and if not i guess i gotta buy a new rad.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:05 AM
MiX
Honda-Tech Member

first off any car with a b16 (SI, or del sol vtec) have a different radiator then your normal civic.

You want to replace your radiator anyways, as it will keep your engine cooler than the radiator you have in there now.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:28 AM

96 civic with gsr = gsr hoses and 99 - 00 civic si radiator. The stock radiator aint gonna work. the outlets are to small. That's why u use a si radiator. they use a b16 and the outlets are bigger (32 mm diameter i believe). plus they use the same chasis so it will bolt on without a remodifactions. Just be sure to use both the top and bottom gsr hoses. Your not gonna find any hoses for the setup your trying to use. Samco and G-reddy make some good aftermarket hoses for the gsr if u don't wanna use the stock ones.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you even read it? "Samco Radiator Hose Kit 92-95 Civic (B16A)" thats what the site says. but i didnt know that the 92-95 civics were offered with a B16A?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Except that 92-95 civics were offered with B16A's in every single market but North America. You have to have the proper radiator. Those aren't for swaps. They're performance stock replacements. Samco is based out of South Wales (UK), and in the UK, they have plenty of different trims of 92-95 civics that come stock with a B16A.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i managed to get my stock d series hose over the thermostat housing. seems to be working ok with no leaks. got about 100 miles on it so far, so well see if it holds up....
Old 02-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MiX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off any car with a b16 (SI, or del sol vtec) have a different radiator then your normal civic.

You want to replace your radiator anyways, as it will keep your engine cooler than the radiator you have in there now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless you have some type of over heating issue, anyway will do. These cars don't run hot normally, if your trying to say just because he now has a b series, he must now get a dual core radiator, thats untrue.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RCautoworks)

well i got about 200 miles on it now and no leaks.. also im not haveing any issues with overheating. normal running temp dosent even kick on the fan. so i think im going to be ok with the stock radiator. if i have issues in the future i will switch to a dual core, but for now stock is working just fine. and the hose seems to be holding good so far!

Quick Reply: radiator hose fitment question