Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

radiator fan

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator fan

Just wondering after confusing searches. is my fan supposed to push the engine bay heat out or pull into the bay. Thanks
Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I am Jack's...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: radiator fan

It pulls air through the radiator into the engine bay.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenr2894
Just wondering after confusing searches. is my fan supposed to push the engine bay heat out or pull into the bay. Thanks
Think about this for a minute.

You're traveling down the highway at 50MPH. As a result, air is being forced through your radiator and into the engine bay. How exactly is your radiator fan going to help if it's trying to push the air back towards the radiator?

Old 04-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Makes sense, how does the hot air escape the bay?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:40 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenr2894
Bump
Bump?
OMFG!!! It's a puller!! It's pulling air through the radiator! Have you never been under your hood when the fan kicked on? Have you even been under the hood of your car whatsoever?
Is the engine bay totally sealed? **** NO!!! THERE"S PLENTY OF PLACES FOR THE AIR TO GO!!!

This has GOT to be a troll post.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man , watch Ur roll. Speak with respect.
I hate no it all people that are rude. When I bought my car it pushed. when I installed my fan it pushed. Just asking a Q...
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 PM
The Grumpiest

Learn to ask questions that show a little thought on your part. It pushed when you got it? Don't think so. If it did it was jacked up. Might want to mention that fact in the first post next time.

And use some common sense. Where does the hot air go? Seriously? You're asking to get flamed asking absolutely clueless questions like this one. I swear. It reminds me of the student in my class that asked me what a word meant when she was holding a dictionary in her hand. Critical thinking; work on it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wouldn't have mattered to mention if it pushed. You still would have been a smart ***. a simple response of what you needed to say would have been adult like. You clearly have issues. this site is meant for information/help. if someone asks a question and you think its stupid that that person doesn't know everything you do, doesn't give u the right to be a fuc face. either answer the question the best you can without making someone pissed off.

Like I said I've searched a lot and its a conflicting issue from what I read. Thanks for your input. hope you don't talk to your students they way you post on this information website.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
The Grumpiest

I absolutely DO talk to them like this. Every single day. Many times a day. And when I do they know they weren't using their brains to think. Because critical thinking seems to be dead and closed to being buried. Too easy to just ask a question without even bothering to think about it any more.

Post #3 was pretty much telling you just that except that he was being delicate about it when he asked you to "think" because it was obvious you weren't. Where does the hot air go? Are you really going to try and defend that question as being valid? When you open the hood and look down you can see ground can you not? Where do you THINK the hot air goes then?

This is stickied in the All Motor forum.
Originally Posted by clean rice
7.) When you create a thread, you are subjecting yourself to all forms of life. So don't get mad when someone tells you not to put a Buddy Club stage 9 camshaft in your stock SIR1 swap (for instance). YOU created the thread, it is up to YOU to decipher what is realistic or not. If you don't like the advice you are receiving, and it's legit knowledge, then feel free to move along. There is no room for you here. People can only learn when they are willing to learn.: