Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

racing seats in coupes!

Old 11-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing seats in coupes!

I am thinking of getting a of f1spec bucket seats and then i thought about the fact i drive an EJ8 (coupe). to get people into the rear seats, when taking extra passengers, id put the seats forward and tilt them, with non-reclinable bucket seats how would i get anyone back there? is there room? has anyone put these in coupes and been able to do it? any comments would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (blarue09)

passengers are overrated. if the racing seats are necissary, the passenger seats are not.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blarue09 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am thinking of getting a of f1spec bucket seats and then i thought about the fact i drive an EJ8 (coupe). to get people into the rear seats, when taking extra passengers, id put the seats forward and tilt them, with non-reclinable bucket seats how would i get anyone back there? is there room? has anyone put these in coupes and been able to do it? any comments would be appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what the expletive is a f1spec racing seat?

and with a fixed back seat your backseat is basically useless. you want a racecar, make a racecar. you want a car to haul people, get a people hauler. the two dont mix.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:43 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

don't do it they look like ***
if you want new seats and are looking to go with racing
there is no substitute for quality.
sparco and momo for me
i understand the price and that is why i don't have any YET.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (95jeremie)

jesus

ok heres the number 1 rule when buying a seat

IF YOU GET INTO AN ACCIDENT WITH A CHEAP KNOCKOFF SEAT YOU WILL BREAK THE SEAT AND POSSIBLY YOUR BACK

get a good FIA approved seat if its a fixed back. if its not a fixed back, get a good name brand.

common sense people. its your life here...
Old 11-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (Kamin)

F1Spec never got their FIA approval? Last I heard they were trying.
They are members of Honda-Tech and have had threads in the Classifieds and have sold a ton of them. Lots of happy customers.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jesus

ok heres the number 1 rule when buying a seat

IF YOU GET INTO AN ACCIDENT WITH A CHEAP KNOCKOFF SEAT YOU WILL BREAK THE SEAT AND POSSIBLY YOUR BACK

get a good FIA approved seat if its a fixed back. if its not a fixed back, get a good name brand.

common sense people. its your life here...</TD></TR></TABLE>

you know it's one of those subjects that make you wonder why people would even think of cheeping out on. it's like... you life is riding on a brand new "racing" seat on eBay for $312. Is your life only worth $312? if so that is sad

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jesus common sense people. its your life here...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-23-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (mpa_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mpa_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">F1Spec never got their FIA approval? Last I heard they were trying.
They are members of Honda-Tech and have had threads in the Classifieds and have sold a ton of them. Lots of happy customers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't care if they do have the FIA approval or not. i will never buy a safety item from a company that don't have a huge reputation on the line.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Multi-paradigm

Oh, well, that's modern day import scene for you. A lot of people buy "racing" seats for the looks, and not necessarily for racing.

My old Sparco Sprint seats were only about $550 back in the day...And I used them at the track. Does that mean I only value my life at $550?

Just as a technical note, price doesn't completely denote quality.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Is your life only worth $312? if so that is sad
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just curious, but to you, what is a good price to pay for a seat that will make it worth your life? $1000? $2000? Even at that price level, I personally would consider my life more valuable than that.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:34 PM

ok but if you have a option with a $312 seat or $2000 seat and your life on the line what is your choice?
i understand i made a bad point on that one... it must be the turkey lol
you are correct any life is worth more than $2000 my price is set at $400,000 by the army to my wify lol. but you get the point. my bad

regardless my *** will never recommend a less well known manufactured seat to be used in a racing situation.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How bout this, just get one racing seat for yourself, and leave the stock passenger seat. Then all your little butt buddies can get in the back seat, and when you wreck your car, your passengers will live to tell the story bout how your seat snapped in two
Old 11-23-2006, 08:38 PM
NMZ
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (turnsignalandy)

everyone stop crying ..he doesnt give a **** what u guys think about those seats, he wants to know if he can get passengers.
anyways if you want to get the passengers to the back, you can always slide the front seat all the way up and they can make their way to the back if theyre not fat pigs

oh and those seats look hot btw
Old 11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Multi-paradigm

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">regardless my *** will never recommend a less well known manufactured seat to be used in a racing situation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

again why not just get one seat? The passenger can live without a race seat, he wont fall out the car
Old 11-23-2006, 09:28 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (turnsignalandy)

you know whos seats have a good rep.... see my signature!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They're not meant for aesthetic values. They are meant for saftey in the event of a RACING accident IN CONJUNCTION with a PROPERLY INSTALLED racing harness which is meant to be used IN CONJUNCTION with a PROPERLY INSTALLED COMPLETE ROLL CAGE...see a trend here? People that have racing seats for ACTUAL use don't have any interior, don't have much of anything 'cept an engine...so there's basically no need for a passenger.

For the rest...******* ricers...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (spock_rocker)

hold out and buy "real seats' if your gonna do anything....saftey plays a major key here, considering you're sitting in the seat while driving
Old 11-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (GreyDel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GreyDel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hold out and buy "real seats' if your gonna do anything....saftey plays a major key here, considering you're sitting in the seat while driving</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, expletive man buy some GSR leather.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:52 PM

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (GreyDel)

why not just get reclinable if you carry people? im sure that company makes them.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes!

i have seen seat bases i believe sparco makes them that are for fixed back seats, it allows you to flip the seat forward to allow access to the rear seats. I believe i seen it on cardomain.com so maybe check them out
Old 11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (gwegcivic)

Thanks to everyone who replied with mature comments and suggestions. I don't want seats for aesthetic purposes, as if I were I would definitely not be looking at a replica brand seat. I want a seat that holds me in place on a corner a little better than the pathetic stock civic seats. I was only considering these seats and wanted my questions answered. I didn't mean to send any subliminal messages in my questions to provoke anyone looking to take out there insecurities via a honda forum, I only wanted information. Safety is a great concern, so i'll definitely take that into consideration. I'm also trying to track down a set of GSR leathers, but they aren't too easy to come by in Canada. Any suggestions on other nice OEM seats that you know can be swapped into a civic, let me know.
Thanks.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:02 AM

i have 2000 si seats in mine and they hold me alot better and are alittle more comfyer and nice than my old 93 ex seats. so i think si's are nice hold me in place better tahn my ex seats. imo
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blarue09 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks to everyone who replied with mature comments and suggestions. I don't want seats for aesthetic purposes, as if I were I would definitely not be looking at a replica brand seat. I want a seat that holds me in place on a corner a little better than the pathetic stock civic seats. I was only considering these seats and wanted my questions answered. I didn't mean to send any subliminal messages in my questions to provoke anyone looking to take out there insecurities via a honda forum, I only wanted information. Safety is a great concern, so i'll definitely take that into consideration. I'm also trying to track down a set of GSR leathers, but they aren't too easy to come by in Canada. Any suggestions on other nice OEM seats that you know can be swapped into a civic, let me know.
Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

del sol seats are pretty comfy
Old 11-26-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: racing seats in coupes! (GG99)

I have had a couple sets of racing seats and they are HARD on the body if you daily drive. I now have Recaro Speed seats. The same seats that are in Type-R's. These things are awesome. Racing seats beat the crap out of you and are meant for racing, not comfortable driving. Especially any type of highway driving if you have aftermarket suspension. If you insist on racing seats, only buy seats from manufacturers that can provide proper FIA compliance or other rated do0cumentation. If you was to get into an accident, a non-rated seat would break and that isn't good for you're body. And also take into consideration that racing seats are designed to use 4 or 5 point harnesses so have them when you install. I seen a kid using a racing seat and regular 3 point seat belts. he wrecked his car and broke 4 ribs and he almost decapitated himself. I learned the hard way to use the right stuff for the right uses. Don't do stuff for the "rice appeal"... use stuff for the purposes it was intended for.