Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Quicker car by taking alternator belt off??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quicker car by taking alternator belt off??

If i take my alternator belt off just befor i enter for the 1/4 mile will i get more power hence a better time?? im thinkin that this will do away with power stearing which u dont need and air con which u dont need....
Old 08-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off?? (MattyG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MattyG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If i take my alternator belt off just befor i enter for the 1/4 mile will i get more power hence a better time?? im thinkin that this will do away with power stearing which u dont need and air con which u dont need....</TD></TR></TABLE>

You do know that PS, AC, and altenator all have 3 seperate belts right? And if you take your altenator belt off, you will be running on your battery which is NOT a good thing.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:47 AM

but i dont need lights stereo all i need is voltage rite? its only 1/4 mile wot cud go wrong (i shouldnt of sed that)
Old 08-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what happens if your battery fails you ? ? ?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Absolutely faster. Until it turns off. And you can't turn it back on.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off?? (black_EM1)

WOW! Yes it should be faster, because of less rotational weight on the crank. I don't know if I would do it, but hell its your car and money so have fun with it.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your car that slow that u need to squeeze every last hp out of it??
Old 08-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andres-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is your car that slow that u need to squeeze every last hp out of it??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Took the words right out of my mouth
Old 08-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (G2 Speed)

I don't understand why people do these little changes at the track to gain 1/10 of a second. It's not like you're going to run that at home. You kids should run your DD cars with your system, and two buddies in the car with the AC on. Just like the time you raced that kid on the highway.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:25 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you race in the evening or night you will need your lights on as well.
if you run battery only you need to charge it between races as well. so either put the belt back on or bring a charger and make sure you ahve access to an ac power source.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Funny
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't understand why people do these little changes at the track to gain 1/10 of a second. It's not like you're going to run that at home. You kids should run your DD cars with your system, and two buddies in the car with the AC on. Just like the time you raced that kid on the highway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the greatest are the people at the track, that come with all there buddies and girlfriends... and get to the parking lot, then unbolt the rear seat and passenger seat just for a few runs at the track lol, it's fun to watch
Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MattyG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If i take my alternator belt off just befor i enter for the 1/4 mile will i get more power hence a better time?? im thinkin that this will do away with power stearing which u dont need and air con which u dont need....</TD></TR></TABLE>

what? how much time you think your going to save? this as to be one of the dumbest way to make you car faster. why would you even think about it. what happens 1/2 way down the track your car dies. or better yet, while your trying to do a burn out at the tree with your 105hp d-series motor.

if you really want to save alot of time, take your wheels off, it'll save a **** load of weight and your axles will be able to spin faster.

DAMN NOOBS!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off?? (philosofy1)

IT WAS JUST A QUESTION IF YOU READ THE POST PROPERLY, its not as if iv done this. every little bit counts on the 1/4 mile yes??? like to take a light out to get more air?? to take back seats out and shed 5kg??
All these little things add up to the quickest time over the line, you dont see top fuel FIA dragsters with air con and his buddies in the back playing ps2's.....
and no my b16 is not slow
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

stock b16 in a em1 is slow unless its boosted or sqeezed on. i bet you running 16s in a 1/4 mile and you think that is fast
Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off?? (fmrprojects)

what are you comparing my n/a civic to? turbos? 2.0's? its just a 1.6..... but then saying that i still beat 2.0's unless someones slaped a turbo on it. lets say you hav a turbo rite... wot shall we compare it to... 400 bhp DC5? Man ur car would be slow then wouldnt it. fool
Old 08-01-2006, 09:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MattyG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..and no my b16 is not slow
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is untill you build the motor of go for F/I. Not trying to pick a fight, just the truth.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MattyG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are you comparing my n/a civic to? turbos? 2.0's? its just a 1.6..... but then saying that i still beat 2.0's unless someones slaped a turbo on it. lets say you hav a turbo rite... wot shall we compare it to... 400 bhp DC5? Man ur car would be slow then wouldnt it. fool</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf are you talking about... what 2.0 engines are there to beat? b20?

Stupid Ricer
Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MattyG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IT WAS JUST A QUESTION IF YOU READ THE POST PROPERLY, its not as if iv done this. every little bit counts on the 1/4 mile yes??? like to take a light out to get more air?? to take back seats out and shed 5kg??
All these little things add up to the quickest time over the line, you dont see top fuel FIA dragsters with air con and his buddies in the back playing ps2's.....
and no my b16 is not slow
</TD></TR></TABLE>

HEY NOOB, I DID READ YOUR POST PROPERLY! here is the problem with it. you want to take off your alternator belt so you can be faster, yeah that's the most dumbest **** i've ever heard and it's not going to help you at all. what are you running a stock b16a2? hell, even taking out the a/c and p/s only saves you 1/10 on your time slip. and besides are you hitting the track for competion? if it's just so you can run on here and post a 15.9 sec slip, dude, don't waste your time.

you want to be faster, practice your launches. learn to drive first before your imagination gets the best of you.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off?? (philosofy1)

calm down and listen to the post... its a question. its not what i want to do,, a questionnn ok. Also my first 3 runs up the 1/4 was a 0.433 reaction time and over the line in 15.5 beating a 2.0 mr2 gti. if ur b16 stock got 15.9 man thats slow lol woo saa chill dude
Old 08-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and 15.5 is fast, stfu you drive a economy box.. quit trying to race it like you have a corvette, viper.. any real muscle car..

You have a 1.6 liter engine big deal
Old 08-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off?? (G2 Speed)

dont harm your car for a tenth of a second. save up the money and boost with a "good" tune. if you are not tuned corectly and the timing is wrong and it is to lean....you WILL blow up. i have a b16 in a 92 cx hb with i/h/e and the best i ran wuz 14.9 on street tires. but im soon to be boosted.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 AM

Please delete this topic as a new commer i am lookin for a forum with good decent ppl and help,today i got abused by a load of arrogant and rude bunch of *****! i didnt quite get the welcom i expected. so c ya!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MattyG)

i got that here too, but you dont gotta be a big baby about it and leave, so they said you were stupid for something you thought could be right and smart- would you have liked it if you tried it first- went to the track and than had something mess up on you? They told you their opinions, which is what you pretty much asked them for, searching this site and just reading it every now and than has really helped me learn more about me and my fiances car- and boosting it.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andres-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is your car that slow that u need to squeeze every last hp out of it??</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is one of the most ignorant comments I've heard recently. Have you ever watched any competitive drag racing before? People do crazy things to improve times. If you have no PS, AC, stereo, upolstry, passenger seat, etc...why not take off the alternator belt as well? Looking for small ways to improve times is not uncommon. When it comes down to it, there are only so many things you can do to an engine before you have to get creative.

Personally, I don't think his idea is that bad. Right before the race take off the alt belt. It's easy. And afterwards put it back on and plug a trickle charger up to the battery. No big deal.

Quick Reply: Quicker car by taking alternator belt off??