Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Quick question for OEM 99-00 Foglight users about you button

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question for OEM 99-00 Foglight users about you button

First off, I tried searching and there are a ton of threads about fogs, but nothing I could find would answer my question.

This specifically pertains to 99-00 <U>OEM</U> fog light kits with OEM switches; Does the little green light on the switch stay on all the time? ...Like when the fogs are turned off but the headlights are still on... Or is it like the defrost switch that only illuminates when the button has been depressed? thanks in advance, if this is a repost please point me in the right direction or at least give me a link, I couldn't find anything.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Quick question for OEM 99-00 Foglight users about you button (saywhat)

The green light is only an indicator letting you know that the fogs are on. The light should be off with your fogs off.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick question for OEM 99-00 Foglight users about you button (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The green light is only an indicator letting you know that the fogs are on. The light should be off with your fogs off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, back to the drawing board... I have my set of ebay fogs working with the OEM switch, but now that indicator light is on whenever the parking lights are on regardless of whether or not the fogs are. I am going to do a write up, but wanted to get the bugs out first. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Quick question for OEM 99-00 Foglight users about you button (saywhat)

Sounds like you have the voltage in (battery) and voltage out (fogs) wires reversed. Change those 2 wires and the light should only illuminate when the fogs are on.

Ryan

+12 volts----------l switch l-------indicator light--------fog lights is how it should be wired.

I'm guessing you have it wired like this:

Fog lights--------l switch l--------indicator light-------- +12 volts
Old 03-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick question for OEM 99-00 Foglight users about you button (RyanA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like you have the voltage in (battery) and voltage out (fogs) wires reversed. Change those 2 wires and the light should only illuminate when the fogs are on.

Ryan

+12 volts----------l switch l-------indicator light--------fog lights is how it should be wired.

I'm guessing you have it wired like this:

Fog lights--------l switch l--------indicator light-------- +12 volts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Genius! I will try that first thing in the morning! Thanks