Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

quick question on doors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question on doors?

i have a 99 ex coupe and i believe the floor harness is messed up because the passenger door window doesnt work at all, and i checked all the fuses and i replaced the motor and regulator, but i found some manual doors from a hatch for pretty cheap. these will fit a coupe rite? and theres realy nothin to worry bout wen i bolt them up since everything is manual in it rite? i dont realy want the power windows and locks anyways and ill possbly save some weight, but if theres any info i need to no before i get these doors can someone let me know. i just dont wanna go threw the hassle of puttin a floor harness in
Old 11-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you check to make sure the regulator was getting power and ground when running the switch? When the windows stopped working in my RX-7 it was because the switches were shorted out and not supplying power and ground at the appropriate times. Also, did you test the new regulator when you put it in? We have a lot of people at work that want to put used regulators from the junkyard in their cars only to find out that the used part is also junk. Not sure on whether the hatch and coupe doors are the same, but when you do swap doors, you will most likely have to do some hinge adjustment so that the door lines up correctly.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, i even replaced the switches to, and the regulator and motor were brand new. no power at all goin to it, and it looks like some wires are burnt lookin in the harness, it looks like a wiring mess in there and i dont even wanna bother, some kid that had it before had custom speakers and lights and stuff and i took them out, tryin to make it all oem. its not that hard to adjust the doors rite? and i can easly swap the door cylinders so i can use the same key
Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, they're not hard to adjust. Basically it just involves lining up the doors and tightening down the bolts on the hinges to where the door lines up correctly and hits the striker correctly to latch the door shut. It helps if you have a friend that can open and close the door while you tighten down the bolts.

I'd imagine if the previous owner wired up a bunch of crap and messed with the wiring that you'd be better off wrapping to the manual stuff. I myself know how big of a pain it can be trying to fix someone else's wiring problems. It's definitely no fun at all.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i dont understand y u need blue lights to blink to ur music lol, i just wanted a commuter car to get good gas milage, im not into the modding as much anymore
Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, me neither. Clean and simple is what Honda is all about. Fixing someone else's electrical problems sucks, especially when they don't know what they're doing and you have no idea what they were doing either. lol If you wanted a good commuter car for good gas mileage, you were smart for choosing a Honda.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats all ive ever owned... im just tryin to clean it up alittle to sell it because im actualy leavin for the army in two months, so i aint gonna need a car for awhile
Old 11-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was just thinkin, if i got these doors, wud i be able to swap the manual window regulators and the door panels onto my doors and then keep the power door locks and tweeters? because those still work. i might switch my lock actuator tho because there stick sometimes