Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

quick question about a swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick question about a swap

when i swap my jdm b16 into my 93 cx hatch, do i need to wire in a plug to plug into the vtec silonid(sp)? or do i just wire 3 wires into the CX harness and im good to go?

TIA
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 PM

The easiest thing to do is make a separate subharness for the solenoid, pressure switch, and knock sensor, and run it to the ECU through any hole in the firewall.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kendall)

?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The easiest thing to do is make a separate subharness for the solenoid, pressure switch, and knock sensor, and run it to the ECU through any hole in the firewall.</TD></TR></TABLE>
so what plug will i have to get to plug it into the plug on the vtec solenoid? will it come with the engine do u think when i buy it. i read taht u can just run wires and plug them into the CX harness on the passenger shock tower plug and it would work from there, but then i got thinkin that there has to be some kind of plug that plugs into the solenoid or what not.
i thought i had this pretty much figured out for when i get my engine next week, but i keep finding little things that throw me off...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (CRXified)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXified &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">?
so what plug will i have to get to plug it into the plug on the vtec solenoid? will it come with the engine do u think when i buy it. i read taht u can just run wires and plug them into the CX harness on the passenger shock tower plug and it would work from there, but then i got thinkin that there has to be some kind of plug that plugs into the solenoid or what not.
i thought i had this pretty much figured out for when i get my engine next week, but i keep finding little things that throw me off... </TD></TR></TABLE>

If the engine you bought comes with a harness you can just cut any plugs you need off of that harness.

If it doesnt then you'll probably have to get that plug from honda.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If the engine you bought comes with a harness you can just cut any plugs you need off of that harness.

If it doesnt then you'll probably have to get that plug from honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i thoguht, but i think the engine im gettnig has the plugs still plugegd together, but the wires are cut after the plugs so i could probably just pin new wires into the plug then run them to my stock harness, couldnt i?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (CRXified)

Yup, but like it was metioned above... If you want to be sure that you're running the right wires to the right place then you're better off running every wire you add straight to the ECU.

That way you know they are where they need to be.

If you tap them to the harness at the engine bay you have more risks of tapping the wrong one and running into headaches.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup, but like it was metioned above... If you want to be sure that you're running the right wires to the right place then you're better off running every wire you add straight to the ECU.

That way you know they are where they need to be.

If you tap them to the harness at the engine bay you have more risks of tapping the wrong one and running into headaches.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks EVILHx, sounds like good advice, ill do that first, then try to figure out where they go on my stock harness someother time to make it more clean/stock looking.
u wouldnt know a link or anything to a b series swap into a 5th gen NON-vtec car woudl u by anychance lol?