Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

quick intro

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick intro

hey guys, just thought i'd drop in and say hey, intro myself and my car. name's Ron. got a 93 del sol - s. currently in the works of doing a complete overhaul. right now it's completely stripped of everything but a driver and passenger seat but i have all of the following parts on order:
99-00 EK front bumper cover
99-00 EK core suport
99-00 EK fenders
99-00 EK head lights (jdm - black)
b18c1 complete swap
koyo aluminum radiator
mishimoto slim fan
--- if you aren't to familiar w/ del sol's you can do a lot of different front end converstions on them such as this one in this vid - http://videos.streetfire.net/v...3.htm ---

here in the near future i'll be ordering my 99-00 EK cf hood but won't be for a couple weeks. final plans for the car are turbo'd using prolly gt30r to about 400whp w/ buld 2.0l stroked motor, SIQ valvetrain that will let me rev up to about 10k. look forward to a complete write up on the ek front end converstion and the b18 swap.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick intro (RCJr9186)

Hey,
Welcome, I'll take the time to introduce myself too.

My project car is a 95 Milano Red Del Sol Si. Keeping the stock D16Z6.
I ordered everything for my 'stage 1', the motors half-out right now.
Keeping P/S, just pulled the A/C (for sale btw!!!). I bought the car for 900 dollars.
It had 175,000 miles, original air and fuel filters, and was a winter beater. Not too bad rust, but my rear-bumper clip finally rusted out, and my exhaust is completely rusted out.

Stage 1:
-Bottom end build
-?? trim turbo
-450cc Injectors (got em free)
-Rust repair
-Brakes
-General Maint: Water Pump/Fuel Pump/Gaskets/Timing Belt/Hoses
-Cosmetic: Polished intake, sandblasted valve cover

Stage 2:
-Headwork
-750cc Injectors
-Meth Injection

Stage 3:
-Full car paint respray (you know how bad the Del Sol's plastic fades)
-Suspension

My daily driver is a bone stock 95 EG DX Hatch. Original owner, 75,000 miles, every single damn maintenance record from the dealer, All the replaced hoses still have the napa stickers on em. A/C no power steering, no power anything, sun roof mod done by the dealer
Old 09-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick intro (BrakeDanceJ)

you say for your first stage you are running a turbo w/ a build bottom end... what CR are you looking at? any crank modifications? i just wanna make sure that you know you can't just put a turbo on there along w/ injectors and go lol (some people really don't know) there is a lot more than just that do to... a full list would be:
manifold - wastegate - turbo - IC piping - fmic- bov - injectors - fuel pump - fpr. this is just to run a turbo.. to run it SAFELY for the engine you'll also need - wideband, boost gauge, engine management and w/ the new power you'll prolly need a new clutch. so you've got your work cut out for you my friend but good luck!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick intro (RCJr9186)

Yup.

My build is detailed in another thread.

Basically, YCP Pistons, Scat Rods, Ram Manifold from Bob at RCAutoWorks, Stock crank for now, Tial 38mm wastegate, rfl blow-off valve, some 100 dollar thick intercooler, oil line kit from BlaastPerformance, 80 dollar ebay IC piping, Walbarro 255 low pressure, oem water/oil pump replacements, I still have to order the wideband, thanks for the reminder, 30 dollar cheapo boost gauge and 5 dollar DIY home-made boost controller FTW. I have some organic disc crap clutch good for less power than the car makes stock and fidanza flywheel. I'm going to run that thing into the ground. No need for management, simply a chipped p28 and crome.

Post some pictures up of your setup, I'll try to do the same.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: quick intro (BrakeDanceJ)

Hello New User, Welcome to Honda-Tech

There is a wealth of information here on this forum just waiting for you to discover.

Whether you joined to get some help with a problem on your Honda, wanted to see other peoples cars and get ideas for your own, wanted to buy some parts, or maybe you just own a Honda and wanted to join the club, a good place to start is with a good >>>>>SEARCH<<<<<< . You will notice the red SEARCH button on the top right hand side of the screen. You can search to see if someone has had a similiar problem, or has a similiar post to what you wanted to make.

The first screen you come to has a long list of different sections you can choose from, each having there own reason.

The first list you will see are Model Specific TECH forums. These are forums for general TECH related questions and post about SPECIFIC MODELS. A suspension question is not MODEL specific, as all cars have it, so that might be better suited in the Suspension forum. You get the idea. Before you post a question, SEARCH to see if it has been covered before, because it probably has. Here is a good link to show you how to use the search function. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=979961

The next list you will see are more Technical Forums, except this time instead of car/model specific, it is topic specific, IE All motor, FI (forced induction), Suspension, Drag racing, AutoX, etc. Your questions about these matters go in the designated forum.

The next place you will see the Marketplace. Come on, do you need an explaination about this? Buy or sell your parts here.

The next section is labeled Honda-Tech Forums. You will find the Appearance and Cosmetic section. This section is good for when you want to show off your car and get feedback on what you have done. Or if you have questions about something to do with appearance in general, this is your forum. The other sections here are the Events and Meets section, where you can find out what is going on in your area, or announce something of your own. And then there is Kills. Tell stories of who you raced and what happened here. Enter at your own risk.

And then there is GDD- General discussion and debate. This is basically the Off-topic forums of Honda-Tech. You can explore these for yourself.

There you go, I hope that you read this and understand the layout of this website.

Again, Welcome to HT.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sol2hatch, thanks for the into. i'm sure you post that exact same for every new member lol. trust me i'm fully aware of how to search and how frusterating it can be to answer questions daily b/c i'm a Mod on another Mitsu forum and i get frusterated quite often.

Brake - i'll post some pics of my car as is today or tomrrow to give you some kind of prospective of where i'm at right now.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: (RCJr9186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCJr9186 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sol2hatch, thanks for the into. i'm sure you post that exact same for every new member lol. trust me i'm fully aware of how to search and how frusterating it can be to answer questions daily b/c i'm a Mod on another Mitsu forum and i get frusterated quite often.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

your damn right i do, lol

hence the "new user" instead of someones name