Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question

The title states it... which one do i use? I thought it was from a 94+ GSR, tried that but it popped out... it's not long enoguh and the del sol axle was even shorter...

Thanks
Chris

p.s. i tried searching and found nothing
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question (CKPerformance)

use the GSR axle but make sure you put it in the whole way, it should absolutely work but you probably didn't have the axle in all the way.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question (CKPerformance)

u have a del sol vtec (b16a)or del sol s (d series) ??
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u have a del sol vtec (b16a)or del sol s (d series) ??</TD></TR></TABLE>

another good point, if your del sol is the VTEC model that originally came with the b16 the factory axle should work.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question (forcefedferio)

Which axle should be used may depend on what transmission is in use. If he's got a oddball automatic or D-Series transmission mated up to his B-series, I don't know if the GS-R or DSV axle would work. I think the OP should clarify what transmission he's using.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question (MonkeyBoy668)

the part store you piced up the axle from jipped you or you didnt put it in all the way. 94-01 integra axles should work just fine
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyBoy668 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Which axle should be used may depend on what transmission is in use. If he's got a oddball automatic or D-Series transmission mated up to his B-series, I don't know if the GS-R or DSV axle would work. I think the OP should clarify what transmission he's using.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what type of monkey **** is that? a d-series tranny on a b-series motor. if you want the op to specify, he should specify the motor, but chances are it's a b-series.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CKPerformance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The title states it... which one do i use? I thought it was from a 94+ GSR, tried that but it popped out... it's not long enoguh and the del sol axle was even shorter...

Thanks
Chris

p.s. i tried searching and found nothing</TD></TR></TABLE>

you don't have the axle in all the way. use some elbow grease and it will slide right in!
and all, i do mean all, b-series axles are the same.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Wow, thanks for al the quick replies. I've done a ton of honda axles and with the ball joint and strut unmounted i put the axle into the tranny and used the whole spindle/hub assembly to push it in and then the axle threads would be sticking out and the 32mm would thread right on... however doing this one the threads were almost all the way concealed and i had to pull the axle out a little bit to get the nut started and it pulled out a little more as i tightened it... thanks for all the help
Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CKPerformance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CKPerformance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, thanks for al the quick replies. I've done a ton of honda axles and with the ball joint and strut unmounted i put the axle into the tranny and used the whole spindle/hub assembly to push it in and then the axle threads would be sticking out and the 32mm would thread right on... however doing this one the threads were almost all the way concealed and i had to pull the axle out a little bit to get the nut started and it pulled out a little more as i tightened it... thanks for all the help</TD></TR></TABLE>

when that happens to me, i find it alittle easier to lube it up. the axle slides into the spindle/hub alot easier.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM

It's not that it's hard to slide in... i set the ball joint back into the LCA and usually the axle is poking out but this time it wasn't... well it popped out the first time and did it again and pounded it in with a hammer again and drove it back home from about 20mins away with out incident... After it popped out the first time took the turns a little easier and made it home, just making sure i had the right axle, gues i'll stay closer and go beat on it a little

Thanks a lot for all the help and reassurance
Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Axle Popping pout/ Too Short

I had the same exact problem with my car. 95 civic coupe/B16. With the inboard joint clipped in, the threads were barely sticking out. It hasn't popped out yet. I know auto stores like Advance have the same part number for 94+ gsr, del sol vtec, 99 si. But honda has different part numbers for the axles. If you found out anything let me know.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:57 PM

WOOT.. push it in harder.. lube it up quit being a poon
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Quick GSR in Del Sol axle question (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what type of monkey **** is that? a d-series tranny on a b-series motor. if you want the op to specify, he should specify the motor, but chances are it's a b-series. </TD></TR></TABLE>
They're selling brackets to mount D-series trannies onto B-series motors. Chances are good he's not using them, but when you assume, you only make an *** out of you & me.

Why is asking to specify the tranny so insulting to you?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM

wtf would you bolt a d sereis tranny ot a b...

i call bs ive never seen these brackets.. d trannys have shitty ratios and are weak why would u put it on a stronger motor.. that already has a stronger tranny
Old 09-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyBoy668 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you only make an *** out of you & me.

Why is asking to specify the tranny so insulting to you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

bold statement for a noob. i am quite aware brackets to mix match motor/trannies. but for you to accuse me of assuming only makes you assume.
d-series trannies are crap and IMO are worthless to throw on a b-series motor.