Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question for those with OEM foglights on 2000 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those with OEM foglights on 2000 Civic

Hi,

I am going to install my OEM fogs on my 2000 however i have as of yet to get the switch, i am curious to know if anyone knows if my headlights and indicator lights will work with the foglight switch disconnected? (my 97 accord did weird things with switches missing.)

Also does anyone have the pin out for the switch, I see 3 wires in the harness red black and red with strip, i figure if i put a switch between the red and black for now i can get them working until i can find the OEM switch...

Thanks for you help guys!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those with OEM foglights on 2000 Civic (digitalfrank)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digitalfrank &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi,

I am going to install my OEM fogs on my 2000 however i have as of yet to get the switch, i am curious to know if anyone knows if my headlights and indicator lights will work with the foglight switch disconnected? (my 97 accord did weird things with switches missing.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

The switch works independantly of the headlights and other lights. It will not affect anything to have the wiring done without a switch.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for those with OEM foglights on 2000 Civic (RareSI)

the switch is sold seperately; however honda has discontinued this switch so u should do what i did... buy an over priced one here on H-T. i paid 35 for mine and its all plug and play. if u bought the OEM kit, then it should already have the ENTIRE harness engine bay and underdash wise.. jsut read the directions
Old 10-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digitalfrank &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also does anyone have the pin out for the switch, I see 3 wires in the harness red black and red with strip, i figure if i put a switch between the red and black for now i can get them working until i can find the OEM switch...</TD></TR></TABLE>

BLK - Goes to pin 4 on foglight relay (ground).
RED/YEL - Goes to pin 2 on foglight relay.
RED/WHT - Goes to pin 3 on foglight relay, foglight in-line fuse, B3 on combination light switch connector, and finally fuse 22 in the under-dash fuse box.

I can get you an actual "schematic" if you need it.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Question for those with OEM foglights on 2000 Civic (BlendedEJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlendedEJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the switch is sold seperately; however honda has discontinued this switch so u should do what i did... buy an over priced one here on H-T. i paid 35 for mine and its all plug and play. if u bought the OEM kit, then it should already have the ENTIRE harness engine bay and underdash wise.. jsut read the directions</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I tried getting the switch here in canada, i can't get the charcol one anymore, just beige... stupid honda, I think i know where one is in a wrecked SiR just need to get back to it (4hrs away)
Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Question for those with OEM foglights on 2000 Civic (RareSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RareSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BLK - Goes to pin 4 on foglight relay (ground).
RED/YEL - Goes to pin 2 on foglight relay.
RED/WHT - Goes to pin 3 on foglight relay, foglight in-line fuse, B3 on combination light switch connector, and finally fuse 22 in the under-dash fuse box.

I can get you an actual "schematic" if you need it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have the schematic that would be perfect I have the PDF's off H-A.com but it doesn't have the electical
Old 10-10-2004, 12:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digitalfrank &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have the schematic that would be perfect I have the PDF's off H-A.com but it doesn't have the electical</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually have them all hooked up now, on a side note incase anyone else wants to install these, you don't need the 40mm hole saw really... also with out the switch you just need to jump the red/yellow and red/white to get them "on"