Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question for Tein SS users on hatch's

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Tein SS users on hatch's

I just put on my Tein SS suspension I got. It's the dc2 setup. Anyways I have the perchs half way up on the collars and I'm still so low my falkens rub.

I noticed when I jack the rear end up off the ground the amount the rear tires drop down with this suspension is marginally less. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Rota Circuit 8's 15" with falken 205/50/15 . Granted falkens azenis are a wider than normal 205 but anyone else have this problem.

My fronts are only 1/4 of the way up on the collar and I have a two finger gap there. The rears have a little less than 1 finger gap.

Only thing I've found for a variance issue was that one spring has the TEIN wording upside down. But they don't look progressive so didn't think that mattered.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Old 10-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question for Tein SS users on hatch's (DX Hybridizer)

your post makes absolutely no sense. in one part, you say the collars are half way up, then they're 1/4 up. one part you're so low the tires rub, then you say you have a 2 finger gap.

i'm lost.

to answer one question, the wheel should droop less due to the SS's having a shortened shock length in comparison to stock.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for Tein SS users on hatch's (SkyeC)

Ok forgive the ramble, it's been a long day at work.

The front collars are 3/4 of the way down on the posts. I have a 2 finger gab in the front.

The Rears collars are in the middle of the posts. I have a little less than a 1 finger gab.

I found it odd to have so much more suspension travel on the front than the rears. Granted I understand the front will always have more. But I didn't think the rears would have to be up so high just to get the same wheel/fender gap clearance.

Hopefully I slowed down enough this time to make sense.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for Tein SS users on hatch's (DX Hybridizer)

the jacking up the car and having very lil suspension movement is fine.....I have modified strut mounts and my tires moves like 1/2 an inch down when I jack it up.......don't don't worry about it......

I have the same set up btw; my front colars are almost to the bottom too...maybe like 1in up from the bottom......its fine......the difference from front to rear collar locations is that the rear springs are higher rates.......
Old 10-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: Question for Tein SS users on hatch's (SlowCivicHmm)

That's weird. My GCs are in more or less the same spot on all 4 corners, minus a thread or two due to corner balancing.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for Tein SS users on hatch's (SlowCivicHmm)

CivicHmm,

Are your rear collars setup pretty high? I bought these used only other thing I can think to try besides raising the rear collars higher is to double check the spring rates front to rear, as I'm not the original owner of these shocks. They only have like 6K miles on them.

Just downloaded the instructions so maybe tonight I can finish making sense out of this deal. The ride is amazing at any height I've tried so far. Well worth the money invested.