Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of

hello all, I have a question for you all whom have owned(and or gotten in and out of these cars b4) a 92-95 civic and 96-00 civic. I deliver pizzas(don't hate its damn good money) and my back is currently kicking my *** for getting in and out of my 94 coupe. I am thinking about getting a 99-00 civic si or a GSR and am wondering if they are easier to get in and out of. By that i mean the stock seat height, that kind of jazz. BTW, i am 6'2" tall and weight about 210 (im a big ******)
Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of (jonshonda)

are you serious? go to a used car dealership and give it a whirl. i don't think we can really answer this for you, since we don't know how much your back hurts, and since most of us have aftermarket suspension anyway...
Old 12-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jonshonda)

first off, no im not going to keep my comments to myself, post something that has some relevance. second, if you are too lazy to go "seat testing" for yourself, you are going to get people flaming you. i guess it's too difficult for me to shut my mouth, just like it's too difficult for you to have a seat.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 AM

I have delivered pizzas in my eg hatch, my bro's ef hatch, and my dad's ek sedan. I'd say they were all about the same as far as getting in and out untill I lowered my hatch. dunno if that answers your question or not, nobody but you really knows how much you're hurting and what all you can take. my dad has had back surgery and pretty much refuses to ride in my hatch. basically, what's hard to some may not be to others. go check it out for yourself at a dealership
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of (jonshonda)

try gettin in and out of a del sol all day with pizzas.. not fun..
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

My Civic coupe is really easy to get in and out of, and I'm 6'2.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

The difference between the stock ride heights of each is negligible. My suggestion is to get whichever one you like best and put GSR seats in it as they will sit higher than stock. You might have some issues with your dash-to-knee clearance, but it'll give you an extra inch or so when exiting the vehicle.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

and to clear things up, i wasn't flaming to start. i gave you some advice, go see for yourself. i said "are you serious" because i couldn't believe you'd ask that.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:15 AM

Personally I've owned both an EG hatch, and now an EK. The EG hatch does have a rather odd seating position in my opinion, maybe because I'm pretty tall, so it is kind of a pain to get in and out of. The EK is a little better but basically the same. It seems like because the seat is so low or something, and quarters are rather tight, that I feel like I have to maneuver around the steering wheel with my legs and such to get in and out. I don't mind it though, because I'm not a delivery driver, and I love my hatch, but I suppose it just makes sense that a smaller car like a coupe or hatch would be tougher to get in and out of. Maybe a 4 Door would be better, but I doubt that it would be very much.

BTW, it is an unusual question, but I don't think it calls for a hissy fit.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BigRonDawg)

I am just trying to find a different sollution to my problem and I don't have first hand knowledge of the model years and their different configurations. If there are not major differences, then it may come down to me getting a Crv, which I would rather not do( I love how my coupe handles and the gas milege it gets) Plus the astetics of a car vs. SUV. Also, is their a major difference in the 02 Si.

Modified by jonshonda at 10:33 AM 12/12/2005

Modified by jonshonda at 10:39 AM 12/12/2005
Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what about a different car then honda? Subaru, Audi or something else? Just an idea
Old 12-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, that can be an option also, but I wanted to try to keep it simple on the H-T board. But if anyone has gone from an Eg/Ej to anyother vehicle they liked(e.i. scubby, audi, vdubb) that can be an option too
Old 12-12-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: (BigRonDawg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigRonDawg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and to clear things up, i wasn't flaming to start. i gave you some advice, go see for yourself. i said "are you serious" because i couldn't believe you'd ask that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dude just stfu man no one wants to hear u bitch. he asked a ****** question if u wanna laugh then laugh and dont ****** post some rediculous BS. someone on here is nice enough to tell him what he wants to know.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of (97grnrs)

I have no proplems, you really kinda "fall into" them and slide out, much easier that way especially being lowered.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of (nocturnaldragon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nocturnaldragon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no proplems, you really kinda "fall into" them and slide out, much easier that way especially being lowered. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would do that but with 9 pizzas in my had i don't think that can work out all that well. Plus i try to take care of my interior and whatnot
Old 12-13-2005, 12:45 PM

My dad had a little '86 Nissan Pickup. I think something like that would be perfect.

It's small so it gets descent gas mileage, it sits up a little higher so it's not as hard to get in or out of, and you don't have to worry about putting miles on your car becase they run forever and it's not going to be showroom perfect anyway.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 PM
3rd g3aR vTak

The guy that delivers my pizza every friday drives a differant vehicle. He has a 2003 civic that's all riced out and is only for shows or criusing. He drives a 4 door Chevy Corsica to deliver. He got it for like $300. Of course this is NY I'm talking about here , we can drive anything.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you ever spit in pizzas and do nasty stuff?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkAnK_aSS_BRyAn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkAnK_aSS_BRyAn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you ever spit in pizzas and do nasty stuff?</TD></TR></TABLE>
do you???
Old 12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

I delivered pizzas in this for a year nevered bothered me and im 6'3"

Old 12-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

i went from a Del Sol to an Accord (94 h22 powa! )

I have back pains too, but im 5'7". Getting out of a Del Sol was MUCH HARDER because of low seat position and it was lowered. when i switched to Accord, it was sooooooooo much easier. and my accord was lowered too

Accord gets my vote.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a CRV if you wanna stay in the honda family and avoid hurting your back.

A lower car is generally harder to get out of in general.

my 2cents
Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of (auctionaccess)

crv would be best... the seats are like tall stools with backs..

for cheap i'd say any old 4 door
Old 12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of (auctionaccess)

you wanna try gettin in and out of these ******* in my daily driver!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I deliver pizza, and I've owned two 6th gens and two 5th gens and they're similar IMHO, but, I dislike 5th gen seats very much. It took me forevar to get used to them (not saying 6th seats are much better, but I hate the 5th stockers).

Quick Reply: Question for a pizza delivery driver, which is easier to get in and out of