Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP

i was wonder..should i do a Integra LS hydro tranny with LSD
or GSR with LSD..running on a :LS- Vtech Engine.
or wat i should do .. since i have a LS tranny..HELP..thanks
Old 10-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (DJNauTicz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJNauTicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was wonder..should i do a Integra LS hydro tranny with LSD
or GSR with LSD..running on a :LS- Vtech Engine.
or wat i should do .. since i have a LS tranny..HELP..thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

VTEC, no H at the end. I know because I've had a few of these "VTEC" motors. Infact, there's 2 in my garage right now. There's no H....I looked.

Both choices blow. The GSR trans sucks. The LS trans sucks more. They both give you the same gas mileage.

The B16A trans will work very well...you probably dont really need an LSD. You can get an ITR trans...it costs more, but saves you from having to pay for the LSD and the LSD install.

You will come out on top money wise if you just buy the ITR trans. Unless you can do the LSD swap yourself.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (DJNauTicz)

depends on what you really want from your setup. we cant tell you what to get because we do not read minds.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP

well.it just a daily drive and time to time to hit a little speed that's all.
and puttin a LSD or not it doesn't metter ,my LS tranny is fuked no 3rd and 2 also grind time to time..so i need to replace it..so i was wonder...since im going to put a Vtec on my ride.so just want to know which tranny is better for it..ITR yea is a good one..also a B16 but then again i dont want to spend too much $ on it..since i'm going to sell my ride next year..or so that's why....but i just want to fix the tranny..and have a little fun before i sell it back out that's why.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJNauTicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well.it just a daily drive and time to time to hit a little speed that's all.
and puttin a LSD or not it doesn't metter ,my LS tranny is fuked no 3rd and 2 also grind time to time..so i need to replace it..so i was wonder...since im going to put a Vtec on my ride.so just want to know which tranny is better for it..ITR yea is a good one..also a B16 but then again i dont want to spend too much $ on it..since i'm going to sell my ride next year..or so that's why....but i just want to fix the tranny..and have a little fun before i sell it back out that's why.</TD></TR></TABLE>

could you explain to me how you are going to do this?
Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (pythoner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pythoner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

could you explain to me how you are going to do this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

cmon cmon just answer his question.

OP: The B16A trans is probably a good choice for you then. They're relatively cheap. The LS trans will be the cheapest. The GSR trans may be a bit cheaper than a B16A trans....but they're probably going to be around the same cost. The B16A is the best bang for your buck.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (pythoner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJNauTicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well.it just a daily drive and time to time to hit a little speed that's all.
and puttin a LSD or not it doesn't metter ,my LS tranny is fuked no 3rd and 2 also grind time to time..so i need to replace it..so i was wonder...since im going to put a Vtec on my ride.so just want to know which tranny is better for it..ITR yea is a good one..also a B16 but then again i dont want to spend too much $ on it..since i'm going to sell my ride next year..or so that's why....but i just want to fix the tranny..and have a little fun before i sell it back out that's why.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LS - V that's how i'm going to do that...
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJNauTicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LS - V that's how i'm going to do that...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think hes asking you if you know how to build an ls/vtec.

If youre planning on staying n/a Id recommend a b16 tranny. If going turbo later Id suggest a gsr tranny.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (iVteC_PoWeR)

yea..that's what i was going..first go for Ls V then later on..if anything boost with turbo..but questioin..what's the diffent btw the GSR and LS tranny?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pythoner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

could you explain to me how you are going to do this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i dont know how to do a LS v but i'll do research..if anything..
Old 10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

easy just get the tranny off the LS VTECH haha
Old 10-13-2007, 07:42 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJNauTicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what's the diffent btw the GSR and LS tranny?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

gsr has shorter gear ratios
Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (doood)

i still dont know which tranny i should get.....damnit..
Old 10-13-2007, 09:33 PM

To put it this way a b16a tranny is shorter than an ls tranny with a 4.7 final drive. All motor it would be the best tranny if you did not want a type r unit (price wise). Dont waste your time with an ls or gsr.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:34 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

boost - gsr
NA - itr/b16

it's simple really
Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP (doood)

i want some boost..that's why..but then again. i do not want to spend too much money on the tranny when i'm going to sell the car next year or so..i just want to boost for a bit for now..that's why
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 PM

If your gonna sell it why spend all that mula on some turbo, especially when your sayin you dont want to spend too much money.Go buy some nugs and enjoy your day.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Endo-land)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Endo-land &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To put it this way a b16a tranny is shorter than an ls tranny with a 4.7 final drive.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

uh no it doesnt. not sure where you got your info from but a b16 gsr itr(minus the jdm version) all have a 4.4 final drive.

the b16 and itr share the same 1-3 gears while the itr has a shorter 4-5 gears.
a gsr also share the same 1 gear but 2-5 are longer then the two above.
the ls tranny has the same 1-2 gears as the gsr but a longer 3-5 while only using a 4.2 FD

if i were you, id probably stick with getting a b16. seems to me like the best choice for you. if you know how to drive, using the b16 tranny while boosting should be fine.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowpokecivic)

i don't think this guy has any clue what he wants to do, or how to do it if he ever decides how to do it!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:20 AM

Obviously you really did not read my post. I was saying that if you were to put an aftermarket 4.7 final in an ls tranny it still would be taller than a stock b16a gearing. Throw the numbers into one of the gear calcs on the civic faq and you will see. I just dont understand why so many people are on here to just find faults to feel that they are so superior in knowledge. Yeah anybody can go to ff-squads tech net and spout off what gears on each tranny are the same. My post was pointing out that no matter how you try to doctor an ls the b16a will be faster.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I LOVE VTECH
Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: (Bense)

Yeah, I have a Vtech phone and it is pretty sweet.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:33 AM

Panasonic is a much better phone than v-tech, sold em for almost a decade.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM

can i MIX with the LS and B16 4 and 5 gear??
Old 10-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: (DJNauTicz)

with money you can do anything you can put a 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th of a b16 in your ls tranny and use your 5th ls gear...

but just in case you wanna save your self sometime and a ton of money just but a b16 tranny and forget about switching gears and stuff....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
boost - gsr
NA - itr/b16

it's simple really</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it is...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 AM
H-T Poker champion

For the love of GOD.. It's <FONT SIZE="14">VTEC!!!!</FONT>

Now I remember why I never come to this forum. It's like trying to teach retards how to change their own diapers.

Quick Reply: Question..Integra LS Tranny WIth LSD or GSR with LSD i wanna RUN V-tech ..HELP