Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about Superchanger kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Superchanger kits

sup everyone?
Just signed up a little while ago. Ok i have a 2000 civic SI with 43,000 miles on it. I want to go with turbo but its going to kill the life of the engine a lot faster then a supercharger kit. Anyone have some information as to what kit would be better, jackson racing or vortech? Vortech has about 277 with the intercooler kit and jackson i am not sure about. I want the car to be fast and look like a sleeper so when ppl pull up they get smoked. Any information as to what would be a good kit to go with for that car?? I just want to be able to smoke some cars when ppl pull up to me on the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Question about Superchanger kits (icantthinkofaname)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I want to go with turbo but its going to kill the life of the engine a lot faster then a supercharger kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, not true. Get the book <U>Maximum Boost</U> by corky bell. You will learn alot.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want the car to be fast and look like a sleep so when ppl pull up they get smoked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

SC's can make good power, but turbos seem to be more efficient....If your hellbent on a SC, then I say Vortech; they seem to make a little bit more power.

But really, read everything you can in the Forced Induction forum and get that book, maximum boost. You will see that Turbo is the way to go. It's not as much to take care of as you think. And cheaper IMO
Old 06-30-2003, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Question about Superchanger kits (sivik2nr)

the vortech is the kit i would go with. The jackson racing only gives about 218HP when the vortech will give about 277hp. Either way i am going to add in eagle rods, JE pistons and a nice 1.9L bore i think. What one will be less of a head ach? and would be a nice boost for the streets? I am not going to the tracks or anything like that but i want to be able to smoke some cars. I just want to make sure that i have to build it before i add the kit on. i can just bolt it on without a problem but I think if I even do the rods and pistons it will still be safe then going with stock.

Thanks again
Old 06-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the vortech is the kit i would go with. The jackson racing only gives about 218HP when the vortech will give about 277hp. </TD></TR></TABLE>

numbers don`t mean ****.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Question about Superchanger kits (vtecvoodoo)

so then what does? I am posting b/c i need help with this. As you can see i dont kno much about this so any help other then bashing on what i am saying would help out.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:56 PM
Future Texas Boy

do a search and use "vortech". lotta good info on this site comparing the two. the vortech is the worst of both worlds.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Question about Superchanger kits (vtecvoodoo)

, thanks. What would you go with? if you looking for some nice power? For donw town driving.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like it was said before. A turbo wont kill the life of the engine. It's somewhat cheaper and there is a lot more Hp to be made.....
Old 06-30-2003, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about Superchanger kits (EVIL Hx Coupe)

that 218hp is from just 6lbs of boost..they ve also got pulley kits that ll get u alot more boost if u dont live in calif