Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A question about Pedals...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question about Pedals...

Got a question people. Being that the 92-95 Civic and the 94-01 Integra share a very similar layout in terms of thier chassis, would the Pedals be the same? I want to take an ITR Pedal setup and put them in my EH2, and was wondering if I got the whole assembly (clutch pedal assembly, Brake pedal assembly, and gas pedal assembly) if I could just swap each one out for the other. I wasnt sure if any mounting points, bolt holes, etc., were different between the two. Any help would be great!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A question about Pedals... (daluv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got a question people. Being that the 92-95 Civic and the 94-01 Integra share a very similar layout in terms of thier chassis, would the Pedals be the same? I want to take an ITR Pedal setup and put them in my EH2, and was wondering if I got the whole assembly (clutch pedal assembly, Brake pedal assembly, and gas pedal assembly) if I could just swap each one out for the other. I wasnt sure if any mounting points, bolt holes, etc., were different between the two. Any help would be great!</TD></TR></TABLE>

the itr pedals should should bolt up fine.
but there is no significant power gains on doing this swap.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: A question about Pedals...

There is nothing unique about ITR pedals. What is your motivation for wanting to perform the swap?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question about Pedals... (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is nothing unique about ITR pedals. What is your motivation for wanting to perform the swap?</TD></TR></TABLE>

probly bragging rights

its one of those " i have a lamborghini logo on my civic" kinda things
Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question about Pedals... (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but there is no significant power gains on doing this swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviously, its a pedal assembly.

The ITR Pedal assembly's Ive seen for sale here and there have aluminum pedals on them with rubber inserts, from the factory I assume, but again they might not be factory pieces, that is why I wanted to ask about them.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question about Pedals... (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

probly bragging rights

its one of those " i have a lamborghini logo on my civic" kinda things</TD></TR></TABLE>

Definatley not that kind of inquiry about part comparrison...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know on the CTR the brake pedal and gas pedal are significantly closer to each other for heal-toe, not sure about ITRs though.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SoCal EJ1)

I found these, and they are said to be from an ITR. This is why I am inquiring about the pedal assembly swap. I know that this assembly will fit a 94-01 Integra, which is why I am asking if they are the same from the Integra to the 92-95 Civic.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: A question about Pedals... (daluv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ITR Pedal assembly's Ive seen for sale here and there have aluminum pedals on them with rubber inserts, from the factory I assume, but again they might not be factory pieces, that is why I wanted to ask about them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What you're referring to are the pedals that come on the Type-Rx, not the standard ITR (which has the same pedals as any other Integra). To my knowledge, these pedal pads can be added to the standard pedal assembly, and are very similar to the Honda Access accessory pedals. As far as functionality though, you will probably be better off purchasing a quality set of aftermarket pedal pads, which are normally larger and better suited to heal/toe driving.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question about Pedals... (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What you're referring to are the pedals that come on the Type-Rx, not the standard ITR (which has the same pedals as any other Integra). To my knowledge, these pedal pads can be added to the standard pedal assembly, and are very similar to the Honda Access accessory pedals. As far as functionality though, you will probably be better off purchasing a quality set of aftermarket pedal pads, which are normally larger and better suited to heal/toe driving. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, that pretty much answered my question. Ive been using these Sparco pedals for a few years now:

And Ive lost a few of the rubber inserts on them. Also, Ive always had a hard time getting them to line up right when drilling the holes for the pedals onto my current pedal assembly, and not end up being somewhat crooked. Just looking for a different way, thanks for the response Padawan!