Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about my gears?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my gears?

Sorry if this was covered already, i wasn't quite sure what i would be searching for.

Alright, here's my story:
A couple months ago i had gotten into a car accident and my whole front end was gone. Took it to go get fixed... and now 2 months later i picked the car up from the collision center. When i was driving home, everything looked good... didn't seem like there were any problems. When i got home my bf pointed out that someone had put on 200+ mi on my car (we reset the odometer b4 it went in the shop). but he reset the odometer again after he pointed out the 200+ mi on it, so i couldnt really blame them since i had no proof anymore. But anyways, just last night.. I was getting ready to back out of a parking lot and my car started going FORWARD! (yes, it was in reverse all the way...) So, i kept pulling it out and putting it back in... but the same thing kept happening. After about 10X trying to get it to go in reverse i turned my car off and on again, put it in reverse... and it finally worked. Then when i was driving back home... i was at a stop... and i put it into 1st gear... and it started going in REVERSE!! wtf?<-- that was kinda scary.

I dunno what the problem could be... or why it would be doing this... any ideas? Cuz i never had this problem before... and now all of a sudden its acting all weird. I think i'm gonna take it back to them and complain about it, but i just wanted an idea of what might be causing this problem.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:24 PM

All the other gears work fine though? It is weird that it only happened a few times then worked when you tried it again. I would think if something was really wrong it would keep happening over and over.

But I would call that shop, proof or not, and bitch up a storm and tell them your going to report them to the better business bureau. I could understand a few miles but 200???? Maybe they will hook you up with something for free. Worth a shot. My .02
Old 08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (electronb16si)

Yeah, that **** sounds shady as hell. It could be they did something asynine like getting the wrong shift linkage. But other than that, I'm pretty stumped
Old 08-19-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (electronb16si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electronb16si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All the other gears work fine though? It is weird that it only happened a few times then worked when you tried it again. I would think if something was really wrong it would keep happening over and over.

But I would call that shop, proof or not, and bitch up a storm and tell them your going to report them to the better business bureau. I could understand a few miles but 200???? Maybe they will hook you up with something for free. Worth a shot. My .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, so far those are the only gears i've had problems with.. but then again it just started doing it last night. This morning when i put it into reverse, it grinded.. it actually went backwards this time, but still... not good if its grinding now .

I am going to call the shop back and let them know that someone over there was joy riding in my car while it was there and complain about it... but still, no matter how much i bitch and complain.. its all going to come down to whether or not i have proof... and i dont have it.. so it's not going to help too much on my part.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchling37 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, that **** sounds shady as hell. It could be they did something asynine like getting the wrong shift linkage. But other than that, I'm pretty stumped</TD></TR></TABLE>

They didn't replace my shift linkage.. that i know of at least. I got a list of everything that was done to my car... most of it were cosmetics. I asked someone else why my car might be doing this, and they said maybe my synchros were off?? Could that be a possiblity?

Anyways, im just pissed that my car went in there to get fixed... and it came out fucked up... I just need to know why its doing this!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Re: (pink hatchy)

no ideas guys??

Modified by pink hatchy at 12:20 PM 8/23/2004