Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about GReddy Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about GReddy Turbos

So the bolt on turbos are direct bolt on, you dont need to chip the ecu or anything because it is made for stock motors, is this correct? and also it doesn't come with a intercooler, or bov, it says that this stuff is to upgrade it further, so does that mean if i bought the bolt on GReddy turbo kit, I could install and later ad inter cooler and bov for more power along with a boost controller? let me know somebody please confused a little!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about GReddy Turbos (Shaynepolevault)

with any kind of FI you need to remap your computer. period!

You might want to read lots of information about turbos, then you will see that you can part one together for much much less. leaving lots of money for other goodies.

Unless your going for street legal here in Cali, then i think you will need the Greddy turbo, don't think you need all the other expensive components tho. might be able to get them elsewhere.

Modified by THC07 at 6:22 PM 11/14/2007
Old 11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Question about GReddy Turbos (Shaynepolevault)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with any kind of FI you need to remap your computer. period!

You might want to read lots of information about turbos, then you will see that you can part one together for much much less. leaving lots of money for other goodies.

Unless your going for street legal here in Cali, then i think you will need the Greddy turbo, don't think you need all the other expensive components tho. might be able to get them elsewhere.

Modified by THC07 at 6:22 PM 11/14/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly.

Furthermore, there's kits, then there's just the turbo.

For a kit you need an intercooler, BOV, charge pipe, downpipe, wastegate, turbo header, etc. etc. Just a turbo is useless as hell, you can't do anything with it, not even install it.

You need to read up on how turbos work, there's no "bolt-on for stock engine" turbos. - maybe turbo kits - but even they need aftermarket fuel management.