Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

QUESTION ABOUT D16Y8 ENGINES

Old 06-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION ABOUT D16Y8 ENGINES

Quick question, what company sells D16Y8 (99-00) engines that are built for turbo applications? I'll most likely biuld mine, but I just want to get some info on it and price around a little bit. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: QUESTION ABOUT D16Y8 ENGINES (JoseCuervo)

Anyone!!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.exospeed.com/

These guy are the only ones to really work with D-series packages, but most places can sleeve and built a motor for you. I choose to go through Earl and have Benson Machine work on mine.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: QUESTION ABOUT D16Y8 ENGINES (ELSpool)

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are tons of places that can build an engine for you.your best bet is to probably post this in the Forced Induction forum,as those guys would have the most feedback on built turbo engines.

also,read the rules:
2.B. Please do not make thread titles in all caps or with symbols that will attract attention. This steers users away from the other (most likely more important) threads on the page

chris
Old 06-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: QUESTION ABOUT D16Y8 ENGINES (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are tons of places that can build an engine for you.your best bet is to probably post this in the Forced Induction forum,as those guys would have the most feedback on built turbo engines.

also,read the rules:
2.B. Please do not make thread titles in all caps or with symbols that will attract attention. This steers users away from the other (most likely more important) threads on the page

chris</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks again! I know there are tons of places than can build an engine for me, but I'm looking at places that sells engines that are already built. I'll probably end up putting it together myself. Also, I did have this posted in the Forced Induction forum, but it got moved over here; no love from there. Once more, I'll not use caps on the title again! Thanks!
Old 06-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JoseCuervo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thanks again! I know there are tons of places than can build an engine for me, but I'm looking at places that sells engines that are already built. I'll probably end up putting it together myself. Also, I did have this posted in the Forced Induction forum, but it got moved over here; no love from there. Once more, I'll not use caps on the title again! Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>
they moved it here?!that make sno sense since it is directly related to F/I.
maybe try searching for "engine builders" or something similar.best thing to do is just talk to as many people as possible and try to see who always gets recomendations,and who is mentioned most.
chris
Old 06-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: QUESTION ABOUT D16Y8 ENGINES (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
they moved it here?!that make sno sense since it is directly related to F/I.
maybe try searching for "engine builders" or something similar.best thing to do is just talk to as many people as possible and try to see who always gets recomendations,and who is mentioned most.
chris</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, I know, but I didn't feel like getting in a pissing contest with anyone. I tried searching already, but not enough information came out of that. I'm not in a hurry, so I'll take my time in doing it right the 1st time. Once again, thanks for your help!