Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A question about bodyshops.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question about bodyshops.

When someone is in a car accident and only the front end of the car is damaged, is the body shop suppose to paint the whole car? or only required to paint what ever the damages were? Or does it vary from places? This body shop I'm taking my girls car called "high tech" in Hawthorne is telling me that they can only fix the damages, but I'm saying it's going to look all retarded one side nicely painted and the other side all scratched. So just wondering if i should take it somewhere else that they will paint the whole car? what's your guys thoughts?
Old 05-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: A question about bodyshops. (Spoon)

If you go to a shop thats under the insurance company policy then theyll paint everything to look like nothing happened to the car. So they wont paint the whole car but just that one area. But if you dont go with the insurance then they dont have to paint the car unless you pay for it. Or at least thats how it worked for me when i got into a accident. I went with the insurance and when i got it back it looked like nothing happened. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spoon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When someone is in a car accident and only the front end of the car is damaged, is the body shop suppose to paint the whole car? or only required to paint what ever the damages were? Or does it vary from places? This body shop I'm taking my girls car called "high tech" in Hawthorne is telling me that they can only fix the damages, but I'm saying it's going to look all retarded one side nicely painted and the other side all scratched. So just wondering if i should take it somewhere else that they will paint the whole car? what's your guys thoughts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the shop only gets paid to paint the damaged areas.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:10 PM

Default Re: A question about bodyshops. (civicdxtyper)

if the front end is damaged, the body shop is supposed to repair front end, paint front end and then "blend" the paint into the front doors so that you cant tell where the old paint and new paint meet. You also are not obligated to take your car to a body shop that they recommend. You can take it anywhere you like. But they will never let you know that. hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:17 PM

what they said, if you want the whole thing painted let them kno and put some $$$ up
Old 05-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question about bodyshops. (sleeperb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> paint front end and then "blend" the paint into the front doors so that you cant tell where the old paint and new paint meet..</TD></TR></TABLE>