Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pwned in the side by Grand Am with chrome exhaust tip. nice. Body questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pwned in the side by Grand Am with chrome exhaust tip. nice. Body questions.

so some douche canoe decided he would turn right from the left turning lane at wendys. he didnt look and as i was pulling out in the right lane..he turned into me. caved in my door and yada yada yada.

good news is, IF his inusrance pays for the damages, which they should since its almost obvious it was his fault, ill be able to get new doors, body etc because...my car has a completely molded body kit on it, and its painted..it looked ok(good) i guess, but i hate body kits, so i thrashed it..i guess this is my chance to finally go jdm, for free.

my question is, car is an ej8/96 ek coupe.

will ctr doors fit on it? wiring?
will ctr fenders, hood, bumpers etc fit without any problem?
how hard is a ctr rear bumper to come by? i havent see one.

tia.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pwned in the side by Grand Am with chrome exhaust tip. nice. Body questions. (strictly.business)

his insurance isn't going to buy you jdm stuff
and ctr's only came in hatchbacks, no rear bumper for you
Old 08-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pwned in the side by Grand Am with chrome exhaust tip. nice. Body questions. (melsers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by melsers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">his insurance isn't going to buy you jdm stuff
and ctr's only came in hatchbacks, no rear bumper for you </TD></TR></TABLE>

But they could cut him a check for the damages and he could turn around and buy it...
Old 08-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned

yeah, i forgot that the ctr is a hatch rofl. i didnt forget just wasnt thinking.

and yeah, i plan on using the money to buy jdm parts.

so, can someone answer my questions?
Old 08-04-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: (strictly.business)

Don't count your beans yet.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (packthis)

insurance fraud for the win lol, what do you plan on doing, jacking up the rest of your car in areas that you want to replace with JDM parts? If you want enough money from his insurance for those expensive JDM parts you are gonna have to convince the guy's adjuster/investigator how the hell all that other damage happened. If you are lucky his insurance will allow you to just get a quote from whatever body shop, in that case find a scumbag bodyshop that is willing to lie for you. Either way, i don't encourage this.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Banned

just answer the question. i dont need legal adivce.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:08 PM

No they are not going to pay for you to get all kinds of pieces and parts that are not on your car. Nor are they going to unmold your whole body kit and paint the entire car.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by packthis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No they are not going to pay for you to get all kinds of pieces and parts that are not on your car. Nor are they going to unmold your whole body kit and paint the entire car. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Some guy backed into my hood once and left a palm sized dent. His insurance gave me a check for $1400. I could have spent it on anything.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:41 PM

I hate to rain on your parade but you have no idea how the insurance world works do you? You will have to take the car to an ajduster on their list at which itme they lowball it...then you go to a shop of your choice and get it adjusted there then you submit the two quotes to the ins company. It will be highly unlikely to convince a body shop yo pud JDM parts on the parts list as it is insurance fraud to do so. If you are planning on not going to a shop and having them cut you a check their adjuster will come out take a look low bal the shiet out ot the damages then cut you a check for that amount...but they wont cut the check on the spot it will come anywhere from 2-4 months down the road...if you go the body shop route you can have your car back OEM style in a couple of weeks. remember no matter how much you think its worth the ins co will always always think its about half
Old 08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

you are retarded stroked.

THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS GOING TO GIVE ME A CHECK FOR THE DAMAGES. WITH THAT CHECK I WILL BUY THE BODY PARTS AND DO THE WORK MYSELF.

expletive. are people really this dumb?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are retarded stroked.

expletive. are people really this dumb?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Coming from the man with a molded on bodykit.

Modified by packthis at 5:49 PM 8/4/2006
Old 08-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

MOLDING ON? bro, you seriously cant be this dumb. i bought the car that way because it was a good deal for a shell. stop talking out of your vagina and tell your dad he shoudlve pulled out.

back on topic, his insurance WILL be paying me for the damages, i dont know how much yet, im waiting for the claims adjuster to call me.

can anyone answer the question and stop whoring up my thread, talking about insurance? fuckk.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 PM

What ever *** pirate
Old 08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is a grand idea... why don't you find out the dimensions of those parts you need and compare them to the stock dimensions. That really took a genius huh? For your wiring I wouldn't even worry about, you can pretty much wire everything no prob as long as you have some electrical knowledge.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy ****, u definately should die..

"I got into an accident, YES, MY INSURNACE PREMIUMS WILL GO UP LIKE HELL, BUT I'LL GET MY JDM PARTS!!! YAYYYYYY"..

Gimme a ****** break...

I hope u don't get a cent..and u shouldn't either, u should have to pay for it (or ur insurance), because the person on the road has the right away...NOT you who was pulling OUT of a parking lot...so technically it was your fault...and I would say good luck in getting your money but since u just want JDM crap I hope u have to pay for it and ur insurance ******* doubles
Old 08-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

Default Re: (Syndacate)

wow dude.

my premiums arent going anywhere, im not claiming **** on my insurance, and if you could comprehend, we were both pulling out of the exit, he was on the left, i was on the right and he didnt looked and turned right, into me. ******* ****.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

Default Re: (n00bcivicowner)

wow. or i could ask someone because its not like 500000000 people havent done this before.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow dude.

my premiums arent going anywhere, im not claiming **** on my insurance, and if you could comprehend, we were both pulling out of the exit, he was on the left, i was on the right and he didnt looked and turned right, into me. ******* ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dun really wanna be a dick to you...but if his insurance company's paying for it, YOUR insurance company WILL be notified as the second party in this accident, your premiums most likely WILL go up, and an accident report WILL be filed... If you don't wanna claim it to insurance, his insurance can't pay for it, HE can pay for it, his INSURANCE, cannot...

Also it's illegal to NOT report an accident, so I hope you get arrested...just because u want a new JDM front end for free for getting into a fender bender in a wendy's parking lot....******...

Old 08-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned

Default Re: (Syndacate)

its not illegal if its on private property, ******. my premiums wont go up dick slap, ive been in accidents before that werent my fault. stop whoring my thread up.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ******, dick slap, ******* ****, expletive, douche, fuckk</TD></TR></TABLE>

You seem to have a colorful vocabulary did we make it out of the 5th grade? Or is the formaldehyde in your trailer warping whats left of your little brain.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

dont try to get witty with me scrub, get the fuuck out of my thread and go post ***** some more.

oh and trailer park? lmfao. could you get any more yuppie? god damn it, youre a ******.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont try to get witty with me scrub, get the fuuck out of my thread and go post ***** some more.

oh and trailer park? lmfao. could you get any more yuppie? god damn it, youre a ******.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Straight E-THUG.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:56 PM

LMFAO^^^^^
Old 08-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned

naw, in person id smash your face and take your wallet.

your posts arent even relevant to my topic so do me a favor and stop posting.

Quick Reply: Pwned in the side by Grand Am with chrome exhaust tip. nice. Body questions.