Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PW JDM FTL

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PW JDM FTL

So I got 2 sets of magnetic PWJDM drain bolts.

Took the bolts out of the packaging, and the magnet fell out of the oil drain bolt. WTF? I put some jbweld to secure it, so does anybody know how well the jbweld would hold up? I dont want a large magnet getting picked up.

Im gonna let the jb weld cure for a week, maybe sand it down, and add another layer or 2. Funny thing too was the magnet was reacting to the jb weld, so the magnet core wouldnt stay in the bolt, it would shoot out. I seem to have it secure now however. PWJDM

should I be ok? it seems sturdy now. Ill probably jbweld the other magnets to the bolts aswell because it looked like the magnets were just slightly glued with elmers glue to the bolts.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: PW JDM FTL (bigsyke)

JBWeld isn't that strong. It's too brittle especially dealing with higher temperatures. I suggest get the MFactory drain bolts. Heard nothing but good things.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****, already dropped like 60 bones on those bolts. Well has ANYBODY had anyproblems with the PW JDM ones?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PWJDM sucks... Their products are junk, their customer service blows, they overcharge on everything they sell, they ship their own products in place of name-brand stuff (if out of stock or whenever they feel like it).
Sorry you got ripped off...lesson learned.

If the JB Weld doesnt hold...just pull the magent out of the pan and try another epoxy
Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
overrated.

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

I do NOT recommend putting that drainbolt into your engine. I don't trust that JB weld to hold up, and if it doesn't you're going to run into a world of problems.

My suggestion is to contact password JDM and inform them of the problem, i'm sure they will stand behind their products and offer you a replacement in the event of a faulty plug.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sure I can contact them, however what happens if the other replacement plug fails?

What are the chances the magnet could get picked up if it fell out of the bolt? sorry for being uneducated in this area.

Was there something better I could use to secure the magnet into the bolt? some kind of non metalalic epoxy or glue?
Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 PM
overrated.

Default Re: (bigsyke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigsyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sure I can contact them, however what happens if the other replacement plug fails?

What are the chances the magnet could get picked up if it fell out of the bolt? sorry for being uneducated in this area.

Was there something better I could use to secure the magnet into the bolt? some kind of non metalalic epoxy or glue?</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude. just stop. you're really rolling the dice by attempting to glue it into place. Put the glues and epoxies down, and call or email password:jdm, they will take care of you.

Sales@passwordjdm.com
or
1 (562) 801-1808
Old 02-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, i will email them, however one last thing. THe origional pwjdm magnet seemed to be glued into the bolt using cheap gasket maker glue.

I was only seeing if using something better would secure it more
Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im not a fan of PWJDM, i actually refuse to buy from them. But a couple years ago i came up on a set of there magnetic drain plugs and they held up very nicely. Sounds like you just got a bad batch of the plugs. Call them up, if they cant help you just ask for your money back, and bitch and bitch and bitch.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dunno if I would say bad batch, after seeing how the magnet slid right out, and only 1 small pin sized drop of glue was holding it into the bolt.

I really dont know why JBweld wouldnt hold up if it was applied correctly. again its not applied inside the bolt hole, and then the magnet mashed in there......I cleaned the plug/magnet, stuck it in the plug, and jbwelded around the plug and magnet and cleaned off the threads. So alot of the magnet is covered, but about 1/4th of an inch is exposed.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pwjdm sux. I hear nothing but bad things about their trash they sell. Send them back if you can and get your money back. Dont attempt to fix them cuz then they wont take it back.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (mikeycivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MFactory &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello Honda-Tech,

Description: Increase your engine lifespan with the MFactory Magnetic Drain Plugs. By removing metal shavings from your oil, this will prevent premature damage and increase the life of your engine. You will notice a smoother running engine and significantly cleaner oil between changes.

Do not let your next oil change go by without installing our Magnetic Drain Plugs. Our plugs replaces your stock OEM drain plug with hassle free installation. Don't rely on your oil filter to catch damaging particles in your oil - Your oil filter Will Not save your engine from metal shavings.

Our Magnetic Drain Plugs come with a crush proof aluminum gasket to stop leaks and utilises a neo-dymium magnet which will not rust. Beware of cheap plugs on the market with a weak magnet.

The image above shows our magnetic drain plug lifting an old Cam Gear, a rear camber arm (Weighing over 1.2kg!) and 2 plugs attracted to each other through a solid wood shelf.

Features:
- Made of extra-durable lightweight Aluminum
- Neo-Dymium Magnet that Will Not Rust
- Tested to hold over 1.3kg!
- Extremely cheap insurance for your engine

Fitments available for:
- Honda
- Nissan
- Mazda
- Mitsubishi
- Toyota
- Subaru
- Lexus
- Ford
- GM/Vauxhall/Opel

Price: $14.95 including shipping for either Sump or Tranny Plug. Order as a set for only $24.95

Modified by MFactory at 10:16 AM 2/12/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1453965
Old 02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
k7q
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PW JDM FTL (bigsyke)

same thing happen to me. i was changing my oil and when i pulled the bolt out the magnet got stuck to the oil pan. i was gonna try JB weld also but i said forget it, so i just put my OEM oil pan bolt back on.