Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Putting a power window kit into a hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting a power window kit into a hatch

Im buying a civic hatch and i want power windows so i was wondering how hard installation is and if its too complicated to do myself. Any advice will help.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (Teg90GS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teg90GS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im buying a civic hatch and i want power windows so i was wondering how hard installation is and if its too complicated to do myself. Any advice will help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what kind of a question is that? nobody knows your ability level as well as you. are you talking about the ebay kits, or buying all the parts from a junkyard?
Old 08-30-2003, 09:08 AM

dude just keep it manual too many problems with power windows
Old 08-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (tron)

Don't listen to the people that tell you it is too much trouble. Installing OEM power windows in a hatch is not that difficult.

You just need the proper parts, a day or two to kill (depending on your skill level), and patience.

Make sure you get all of the right parts for the conversion:

2 Door harnesses
2 Switches
2 Motors and regulators (usually connected)
1 floor harness
AND a relay that plugs into the main fuse box

The part number for the relay is: 39794-sok-a01

Any problems, IM me. I'll do what I can to help out.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (Lynx)

i'm not saying it's too much trouble i'm saying it's not worth it, my bros has gone off track 3 times thats 3 times to many yea it's cool to have but if you like spending money to put it back on track hey more power to yah
Old 08-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe your brother didn't put them on right cause i have si door panles with power windows and you kinda have to cut the top a bit near the side mirrors
Old 08-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lynx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't listen to the people that tell you it is too much trouble. Installing OEM power windows in a hatch is not that difficult.

You just need the proper parts, a day or two to kill (depending on your skill level), and patience.

Make sure you get all of the right parts for the conversion:

2 Door harnesses
2 Switches
2 Motors and regulators (usually connected)
1 floor harness
AND a relay that plugs into the main fuse box

The part number for the relay is: 39794-sok-a01

Any problems, IM me. I'll do what I can to help out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Might want to add door panels to the list. It would suck to finish the install only to realize the switches are hanging by the door harnesses, because you completely forgot to buy door panels. LOL

BTW, what kind of Civic did you do your install in?

-Ace

-Ace
Old 08-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm not saying it's too much trouble i'm saying it's not worth it, my bros has gone off track 3 times thats 3 times to many yea it's cool to have but if you like spending money to put it back on track hey more power to yah </TD></TR></TABLE>

My non-power windows get knocked off the track a bunch too...damn passenger side window track is cut a little, and people dont know how to just be easy with it. They feel it stick a little and just keep pushing on the handle until the window falls off...happend agian last night.

Edit: If you want power windows, just get EX doors..then you can have power windows and locks!
Old 08-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sleepless ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleepless ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe your brother didn't put them on right cause i have si door panles with power windows and you kinda have to cut the top a bit near the side mirrors</TD></TR></TABLE>

cut doorpanels? i don't think so. i put power windows into my 97 hatch from a 98 ex, it was plug and play (a shitload of work to put in the floor harness though).
Old 08-30-2003, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (Ricey McRicerton)

hey just put a spal window kit ,and get ex ,or si door panels and your set.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude just keep it manual too many problems with power windows </TD></TR></TABLE>

Had mine installed for a few years, they came from an EX, no problems, they work great.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (Aceman64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aceman64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Might want to add door panels to the list. It would suck to finish the install only to realize the switches are hanging by the door harnesses, because you completely forgot to buy door panels. LOL

BTW, what kind of Civic did you do your install in?

-Ace

-Ace</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I forgot to ad door panels. I copied my response from a previous post and I already had door panels.

I installed my PW into a 98 DX hatch.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm not saying it's too much trouble i'm saying it's not worth it, my bros has gone off track 3 times thats 3 times to many yea it's cool to have but if you like spending money to put it back on track hey more power to yah </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wasn't criticizing you.

It's just discouraging sometimes when you want to do something on your car that you have no idea about and when you come to this board for help, everyone tells you not to bother. Then you have to learn by trial and error.

I have had power windows in my hatch for 2 or 3 months now without them coming off the track. The only thing that I have to do is lubricate the tracks. I have been too lazy to pull the door panels off and do it correctly.

Oh yeah, I did not have to cut my doorpanels either, so I wouldn't attempt that unless it was your last resort.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, i need help now. i have everything from the doors, all harnesses included ( 00 si doors ) but, i dont have the relay, and i dont think i have the floor harness what do i do? can i order these from honda?
Old 08-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (JUN EK9)

I'd look for any components like that elsewhere... the dealer would F you ITB on parts like that (well not the relay (then again...)).

check prices on hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 08-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd look for any components like that elsewhere... the dealer would F you ITB on parts like that (well not the relay (then again...)).

check prices on hondaautomotiveparts.com
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just checked, and the "Harness, Floor" is like 222$ and i dont even know if thats the right part.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

need a passenger side power window regulator and door locks? i have one for sale...
Old 09-02-2003, 07:47 AM

ok well I have a G2 Integ right now and i may be picking up that civic today, I'm sure I'll eventually put them in but prob. not til after the engine swap
Old 09-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Putting a power window kit into a hatch (JUN EK9)

you dont need the floor harness if you know how to wire stuff. Theres a connector what runs into the car from the drivers side harness that you can wire over to the other door. Its the cheap way of doing it but works like a champ. I have some info here if you want. http://repo.jackmoves.com/view...bun42