Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

putting on header..d-series step/check

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting on header..d-series step/check

Okay so I got went out and got a used DC cermanic header for my '95 coupe ex. $140 I paid not bad considering I didn't want to spend $300 for a new one and person I bought it from ran like 5k or so on it. <-----good or bad?

Basically I need to know the step of taking stock headers off and putting new ones on. Don't really need to know which bolts exactually but more of doing what once I have it off and am ready to put on the new one. Do i need to apply any special stuff/grease/lub. etc on it to it before I bolt it back up?

Cuz gotta change the oil on it tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll change the header too, although kinda want my custom exhaust then do it but it's on hold. Anyways if I do change it tomorrow i know I got to kinda soak up the bolts with lubricants to make it easy to get it out. But once I get it out from engine and cat then put on new gasket to it, do I just bolt it back up or do I need to apply anything on the gasket with new header? Before I bolt it up? i know I gotta used them silicone stuff (forgot whats it called)to thread the bolt for easy open later on but is there anything else I'm missing or need to do? TIA

Damn alot more then I wanted to type!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:34 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: putting on header..d-series step/check (JDMegCoupe)

no special lubricants or whatever is needed. just make sure you replace the gasket at the head flange and the donut gasket.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting on header..d-series step/check (doood)

Damn! I think that's only thing I don't have. Donut gasket! Couldn't I use the old one if it doesn't fall out on me? How much am I going to pay for one, average?

Oh yeah I didn't check other place first before I bought it but bought header gasket at honda dealer for $22 bucks how much is it from auto stores? And Are they really the same(fitment,quality etc) in the case of me running down the block to an auto store for the donut gasket?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:10 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if the donut gasket from your stock header is still in good condition and fits the dc you can reuse that
Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your old doughnut should be just fine, also I found out on my 93 si after about 7 months the new gasket they gave me started to leak, so I just put my stock metal one back on and it lasted for about 3 years until I sold that Civic.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: putting on header..d-series step/check (doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the donut gasket from your stock header is still in good condition and fits the dc you can reuse that</TD></TR></TABLE>

I reused the DC one...and I haven't had any problems.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay so I got went out and got a used DC cermanic header for my '95 coupe ex. $140</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got a header for my car for 25 bux from a friend who wrecked his.

Why the FUC K would somebody pay 140 bux OR 300...for a D-series header.

Damn dude....hope you have fun w/ your extra 2.7hp.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting on header..d-series step/check (Syndacate)

Well it was freaken 35 degree outside this morning (10:30-11 ish) when I changed up the oil..so I didn't change the header. Wait til tomorrow see if it's warmer. Only gives me time to buy donut gasket and maybe get my custom exhaust.....

"Why the FUC K would somebody pay 140 bux OR 300...for a D-series header.
Damn dude....hope you have fun w/ your extra 2.7hp."

BUT "Why the FUC K would somebody pay 140 bux...for a D-series header" Well guys I know don't wreck their **** just for fun! they know how to drive so $140 will do, better than spending $300 bucks! which I wasn't going to and was the only one I could find! And by far cheapest being a DC, could've bought some "lightspeed" crap for $100 the guy wanted! So what! good for you guy! Your cheaper than me that's all it says.

But thanks guy, for the help.