Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!!

I ordered the Prothane Motor Mount Kit for my 92 eg. I was wondering, for people who have already used this kit or have had any experience to help me identify what goes where. Here are some pics:

First in the "CIVIC MTR MNT (RT) INSERT 92-95" as it says on the package. Im pretty sure that its the tranny torque mount. Its the passenger side correct?

Next is the "CIVIC MTR MNT (RR) INSERT 92-95" as it says on the package. Its the drivers side torque mount correct?

Now heres where im confused. I also got 4 more mounts. The first are red mounts and the only thing written on them are "PROTHANE 69042" and they also indicate the direction. Now are these mounts for the upper driver and passenger side? Like is one for one side and the other for the other side? Or do they both only belong to one mount? I always thought that i would get 2 polyurathane pieces for each upper mount. Get what im saying? They do have sort of a lip to it as the black ones dont. Sorry for the shitty pic.

Now the last mount i got are black. They both have different ingraveings on them. One says "PROTHANE RACE 69043-H" And the other says "PROTHANE STREET 69043-S" Are these for the rear motor mount and i have my choice for either the race application or the street. The race application feel much stiffer as that i can barely flex the street. The race has no give. Are the black ones for the rear motor mount?

And finally the last part. One metal sleave. Where does this go? Im assuming its for the rear motor mount but I dont know.

Im asking this because the directions i received with the "kit" are completely wrong. They tell me out to instal bushing into LCA's and gives me part numbers for the chassie bushings.

Anyone that has worked with these or any motor mount inserts, PLEASE chime in.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!! (dohcdelsol)

Ok, after some searching and thinking, i think what i origionally stated was wrong. The Red Inserts are for the rear motor mount with the middle insert being my choice. Metal sleave goes there.

The 2 "packaged" inserts are for the upper driver and pass. side mounts. So i never got any mounts for the 2 lower torque mounts or that Prothane didnt come with them.

Can anyone conferm this??? I think i got it now!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!! (dohcdelsol)

The first mount goes in the Upper Tranny Mount. The second one goes in the rear mount.

The last two are used for the mount on the engine (the driver's side). In order to use this mount you need to have the stock aluminum mount that has three holes in it. If you have the two hole steel version, then it will not fit.

If you do have the three hole mount then you will use both red inserts and one of the black ones. Note the direction of the arrow, it means up. You will take the stock rubber out of the mount. Then put on a red one. It has a lip so it will stop from going through all of the way, then put in one of the black inserts, then put on the other red one. It forms a sandwich -> red, black, red. Then slide the metal sleeve into the aligned hole.

Now you are done.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!! (F20Cteg)

bump
Old 01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!! (unrefined7)

take some shots of the process to help others out. and take some of the final product. sounds like a good write-up
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prothane MM inserts, What did i get??? Anyone with MM inserts, PLEASE LOOK!!!!!! (dohcVTECeg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take some shots of the process to help others out. and take some of the final product. sounds like a good write-up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats my plan....

Thanks guys
Old 01-13-2006, 11:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats my plan....

Thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

the rear mount is the hardest part. and be careful not to drop the motor on your face. no sarcasm... DEAD serious.

kind of wish i had a better camera and some more time to take pictures when a friend and i did an engine swap, auto-manual conversion, rear-discs, engine mounts, etc... would've helped alot of people out. good luck.