Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Proportioning valve issues

Old 05-31-2019, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Proportioning valve issues

I have a 94 civic DX, and had upgraded to GSR front and rear brakes with the 91 EX MC. I had been using the stock 3040 proportioning valve and it began leaking from the weep hole, so i replaced it with a used 4040 and it lasted for 3 weeks before it began leaking from the weep hole as well. I followed the method that the YouTube guy did to replace the O-ring, which worked for a bit, and then it began leaking a few weeks later as well.

I keep seeing on the forums people saying to buy used ones, but as prices have gone up, i dont want to keep throwing money in the wind. Has anyone come up with a solution that is better than using a 25 year old used proportioning valve? Has anyone tried an aftermarket proportioning valve with AN lines?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: