Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ProjektEGhatch - 6months later

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProjektEGhatch - 6months later

hey guys, here is the rundown of my 1994 Civic SI....Tell me what ya think

after 8 yrs of basically harrassing this old man for his car he finally gave in and sold me his nearly mint condition, all original, only owner, non-smoker hatch for $4000, which is a little steep for a 16yr old car, but its by far the cleanest hatch i have seen around here since he was a truck driver and it spent most of its life in a garage...after some minor body work here is some pictures of what i have done since

Motor - B16a with CTR internals, MFactory LSD, ACT clutch

Air Flow - PW:JDM Whale Dick Intake, DC 4-2-1 Header, Skunk2 Cat Delete, Apexi Noir Exhaust

Suspension - Ksport Kontrol Pro, Skunk2 lower control arms, PWJDM tower bars, Rota Slipstreams (205/50/15)

Extras - SiR front lip, custom rear lip, spoon replica wing, Mugen dont shift miss ****, mugen petals
Attached Images         
Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ProjektEGhatch - 6months later

Looks good so far! If you get a chance, can you please paint your windshield wiper arms...I hate seeing faded/chipped wiper arms b/c it's so easy to just repaint.

What's in store for the future of this si?
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im trying to build a all around car, i had my drag car already now im shooting for a car that has it all maybe some circuit races later on, just mainly this is my everyday car
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im diggin that duckbill
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice transformation. diggin the ksport suspensions.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:51 PM
pm4nudes

Diggin the harrassment strategy
Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice pickup. After as many horror stories about ksport and skunk2 lca's I'd have saved my pennies a bit longer though. You could have gotten a lot more reputable suspension setup for another few hundred bucks.

Nice find and good luck.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Trial User

thing looks sweet. i hope my hatch will be lookin this clean sooner or later! crashed my ep3 so now im down to an eg cx hatch lol. big plans ahead though!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd be pissed if someone basically harassed me for 8 years. lol. that's like 8 yrs of pain and suffering.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well it was more like when i went threw this town i would stop and talk to him about it, usually wasnt more than a few times a year....just kept track of it lol
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably not going to like my opinion, but it looks to me like you took a perfectly good, and original, '94 Si and threw a bunch of low-end/middle-of-the-road parts at it with no rhyme or reason.

Really, you could have done the same thing to a CX/DX/VX and had better results at a lower entry price.

I just hate to see original Si's (in decent condition) get torn down. Such rare cars. And in the end, you have nothing original as 25,000 people have already posted the same basic car on here over the years.

No flame intended. Just stating an opinion.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sick bro nice project
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well thats just it, I put the b series in it and kept the AC/PS, added the power windows and all that, the reason i didnt put high high end suspensions is because this is my daily driver and dont want to tear it up using it as a race car...I have a CRX for that, this car is so when i pull into some where everyone looks it over and tells me how much of a clean and overall built car it is, no racing intended, cause that just proves you have more money in a motor, and generally the rest of the car is **** boxed, I have plans to completelty restore it to JDM specs with some added parts to improve it over stock
Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Back in 2001 that car would have been decent. Now, it's just another EG with ebay-ish parts on it and a motor swap.

I'm not knocking your style or anything, but again--with stock 92-95 Si's in good condition being so rare in this day and age, I seriously think you could have improved upon what you had rather than transform it into something that everyone and their brother has done to the 92-95 hatchback.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO- I agree with Todd00 in some ways. I think the suspension parts you have are pretty good. Based on your pics; it does not look like you have a sir lip. Looks like just a cheap knock off ebay lip. Not only that but I think you should've got some real JDM wheels; not no Rota etc...

+1 on the motor swap

IMO- I think a clean looking si would have The OEM Sir lip, and the corners slammed with some JDM wheels with a cf hood and trunk and its all set... I like my car simple; and what thye always say about parts... "You get what you pay for"

This is just my opinion; I dont mean to be rude.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya the lip is a knock off, but i just ordered the real sir lip, mudflaps, amber corners, fog lights side markers, next is real spoon wing and cf oem hood...but when you have ppl litterally giving you parts for free, its hard not to put them on over stock usdm ****... im even lookin for the jdm rear seats and storage compartment... full jdm with a bit of upgraded **** is the plan, just getting there
Old 09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Likes- Motor and suspension

Dislikes- wheels and duckbill

Severely dislike- knockoff front lip

It will look much better once you put on the parts you have listed above, but overall it has alot of potential. Im not sure what are you're in but around here in PA a 5th gen that clean is extremely rare
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man dont listen to all these negative responces, your car is clean and very simple, i love those wheels, and the motor looks very nice as well. I went from an rsx-s to my eg hatch, and i did it because i wanted to go back to honda's grassroots, some people forget you have to remember that. oh and on my rsx i had my k sport coilovers for 2 years and no problems, i guess its depends on how you drive.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Car looks pretty nice to me some nice upgrades.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man im in BFE of kansas, there is one shop and it is 230 miles away lol, but out here there is hatches everywhere but they are all pep-boys special cars or **** boxes and si's are damn near impossible to find, but i dont know why everyone knocks rota, i run them on both my cars and like them just fine, and ya i hate the replica **** too but that is a easy fix already in the works
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by projektEGhatch
ya the lip is a knock off, but i just ordered the real sir lip, mudflaps, amber corners, fog lights side markers, next is real spoon wing and cf oem hood...but when you have ppl litterally giving you parts for free, its hard not to put them on over stock usdm ****... im even lookin for the jdm rear seats and storage compartment... full jdm with a bit of upgraded **** is the plan, just getting there
Sometimes you just need to accept that a change is not always a positive change. Your car would look much cleaner with the OEM Si lip and rear wing on it until you can get the real-deal parts.

Fake spoon wheels and fake spoon wing just makes the rest of the package look cheap. But honestly, sooo many people have had that wing that it is now uncommon to see a stock wing on an EG hatch. And to be quite honest, I see more EG hatches on Rotas than I do on OEM wheels.

FWIW, that intake is a complete waste of money.

I've been around Hondas for a long time now and honestly, seeing an original Si Rota'd and fake Spoon'd out just kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.