Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Projector HeadLights on ebay? Good? yay nay?(link inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector HeadLights on ebay? Good? yay nay?(link inside)

Hello, I'm debating what headlights/tail lights to buy for my 99 ek Hatch... and I'm thinking about buying these projector head lights for 100 off ebay.
Link- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...Q5fAccessories
Has anyone ever owned any? scratch easy? worth $100? cheaper place? I dont care for the factory lights... What after market headlights/tail lights do you prefer? and are there any good deals on any certain website going on right now? Thanks for any input... (the search results come back with really outdated links)..
Old 12-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Projector HeadLights on ebay? Good? yay nay?(link inside)

i bought some like those on ebay.
it was $130 shipped.
they work great but the damn left one is wierd. it looks as if it cuts off toooo low. i cant see far head on the left side. i dont know how to fix it
Old 12-27-2008, 08:44 PM

I clicked on your picture in Avatar.. zoomed up your pic. I think they look great.. I think it adds a nice confident, almost beastly look to the civic.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. yea thanks.
i like it. even though i get some crap about it cuz its not "oem" or "stock look" but its my ride and i dont give a rats a** what others say. i say if you like it, GET IT! just make sure to install them AS SOON as you get it and drive around with it at night. make sure it lights up right. then upgrade bulbs.

and they dont scratch easily. ive had mines for 5 months now and i have no scratches that i can see
Old 12-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are u looking to spend? have u thought of doing ur own projector? i did my own a while ago for my maxima but with the projector, igniter, bulb, harness, and other tidbits it comes out to about $350 - $400 depending what projector u go with. But it does give you 1000x better lighting and cutoff and its HID is just awesome. go to hidplanet and read up on it a bit. Imma try to do my 92 eg8 but its real tight to do it.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Unseen Racer
lol. yea thanks.
i like it. even though i get some crap about it cuz its not "oem" or "stock look" but its my ride and i dont give a rats a** what others say. i say if you like it, GET IT! just make sure to install them AS SOON as you get it and drive around with it at night. make sure it lights up right. then upgrade bulbs.

and they dont scratch easily. ive had mines for 5 months now and i have no scratches that i can see
Thats the spirit!.. Do what makes you happy, not others. I completely stripped my stock EK hatch 1 month back, and It was another big long debate on another website. A majority of the people thought it was insane, stupid.. this and that.. all Kinds of work done to drop like 50-100 pounds..Not worth it.. anyways... I went through with it.. I even banged out the sound deadner (winter time.. sound deading tar freezes..and comes out in nice chunks when hit with something) (I weighed the trash bag and it was 33 pounds).. anyways ... Well 2 weeks ago I just moved up to newyork for a job.. moved into an apartment.. and some chick across the hall asked me for a ride to work ..and she absolutly loved the stripped out hatch...and as of now.. we're pretty much kind of dating and I think the hatch is what did it... lol .. stupid story.. But if I didnt strip it, and I listened to the 80% of the over opinionated..."stuck in the box"... weirdos on the other site.. I dont think I Would of instantly clicked with this girl.. soo.. yea.. life is crazy, and do you should always do what pleases you not others.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by arrocha87
what are u looking to spend? have u thought of doing ur own projector? i did my own a while ago for my maxima but with the projector, igniter, bulb, harness, and other tidbits it comes out to about $350 - $400 depending what projector u go with. But it does give you 1000x better lighting and cutoff and its HID is just awesome. go to hidplanet and read up on it a bit. Imma try to do my 92 eg8 but its real tight to do it.
honestly no, I havnt actually looked into it, seems a little pricy, but might be worth it.. Im definitly going to check into it
Old 12-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats awsome!

ppl have their own opinion but the whole point in fixing up your car is TO MAKE IT UNIQUE! like no other. well good luck with your girl. trust me. if you date for a while YOU WILL NEED IT. lol
Old 12-27-2008, 09:17 PM
quicchatch253

why did you gut your stocc n slow hatch? lol

and what kinda style tail lights you lookin for? i heard the projector lights reduce your visibility at night but iunno i never owned them
Old 12-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if ur looking for tailights, i think red clears are awesome. these are the ones im trying to make up my mind on, but buy whatever u like and F what ppl think....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
quicchatch253

that wont work on his car ***** he got an EK not a fuccin eg
do a supra tail light conversion lolz
Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It even comes with a nicer than stock grille get it if you like it i would but black housing on my car but i like my glass headlights lol. And if you end up not liking them later you can always sell them thats at least how i see it
Old 12-27-2008, 09:49 PM

your right gutting the stock hatch...its slow...but I swear to you.. after I took out everything... Spare Tire, Seats, Front and rear.. Seat belts, Carpet, That nasty rotten water logged mat underneath the carpet... the Door panels,..all the paneling including the panel on the hatch.. The visors.. The Pad thing on the ceiling... All of the sound deading tar bull crap.. the huge thick rubber thing on the fire wall underneath the carpet.. the manual foot rest plastic cap...The Center console thingy,... and I even took a file to my guage cluster needles to bring it down .5 of a gram...

And then I ripped that big bulky air canister underneath the hood.. Ripped out the stock air intake.. and left the intake WIDE OPEN... yes..Wide open ... with the chance of a rock coming right in...anyways... That slow stock honda... Will put you, and just you in your seat on first gear... 2nd and 3rd were a little better too.. yes it wont run 14's in the quarter mile.. yes it wont beat anything "Worthy"... but it made it noticeablly funner.. and additional to that.. You feel more in touch with your car, and the feeling of the road beneath you... Also the sound of the rain splashing the bottom, is quite soothing when your driving home late, stressed out from work.

and btw, stripping it was motivation.. now that the money is flowing in.. It is time to get er done... Roll cage, Red carpet, To a k series engine swap w/lsd... Would like her boosted...New seats, new pillars, ...fiber glass doors..ect.. whatevers floats my boat eh?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:00 AM
quicchatch253

you stripped out everything besides your driver seat and the **** you need? wow haha do you got a decc wit speakers?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:36 AM

I have other cars bro, .. a man is a little more flexible, when he has other assets.. Your probably the type that always takes a penny at a gas station and never leaves any. a penny pinching tight wad some would say..lol
Old 12-28-2008, 12:39 AM
quicchatch253

Originally Posted by WyteNyteGSR11
I have other cars bro, .. a man is a little more flexible, when he has other assets.. Your probably the type that always takes a penny at a gas station and never leaves any. a penny pinching tight wad some would say..lol
the fucc cuhzz i aint a poor *** motherfuccer i get money cuhzz
Old 12-28-2008, 12:48 AM

please.. no need to lie.. you get money?..our tax dollars?.. section 8? welfare? social insecurity?.. you have very poor grammar.. I wouldnt hire you. You couldnt be in sales.. you wouldnt succeed.. Its seems that your a little on the uneducated side.. No diploma.. Maybe a GED?? idk.. I truly dont care. Its people like you, that society could do without. I pray you have no kids, because of the father figure that would/wouldnt be in their lives.

Good luck home~skillet

Last edited by WyteNyteGSR11; 12-28-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, you couldn't be as dumb as you type. If you're buying **** off eBay you probably don't care about quality. You can bet your *** I wouldn't cheap out on anything. Even headlights.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:19 AM

paypal is awesome on ebay... I bought several things, unsatisfied... I took it up with paypal.. and paypal refunded my money in 2 separate cases. Ebay has never hurt me too bad. a lot of people these days are sooo worried about doing good business on ebay, they want no negative feed back, because they want all the business that they can get.. which means.. things get done right... so basically... just know who your buying from.. and look to see if they are a "power seller"...and see how many things they have sold vs complaints... and ebay isnt such a scary world afterall. Or you can go to PureHondaNameBrand.com and have your wallet get raped a new booty hole.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:22 AM

$80 for that name brand Abercrombie sweat shirt?... or pay $10 for the same sweatshirt, same fabric, same warmth, same color, same function from Wal~mart?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_ekcivic
Wow, you couldn't be as dumb as you type. If you're buying **** off eBay you probably don't care about quality. You can bet your *** I wouldn't cheap out on anything. Even headlights.
your and idiot.
not everything on ebay is bad.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:25 AM

im done
Old 12-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

done with?????
Old 12-28-2008, 01:47 AM

I'm done debating...its fun...but stresses me out. Ty for the little input that I received tonight on the headlights, I did win a bid on these headlights.. so we shall just wait and see. And Gucci your alright, lets quit knit picking and be friends. I didnt exactly mean what I said, just a little built up aggression, your probably a good guy.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by quicchatch253
that wont work on his car ***** he got an EK not a fuccin eg
do a supra tail light conversion lolz
pay attention to what is said b4 u write... i stated i wanted those for my EG! i was giving my 0.02 on red/clears....

Quick Reply: Projector HeadLights on ebay? Good? yay nay?(link inside)