Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Project Low Budget B18

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Low Budget B18

I never thought I would try this, but it looks like I'm coming over into the Civic tuning world. I've been a RWD/ mid engine guy my whole life, and well it's time for something new. Actually this project just kind of fell into my lap so I couldn't turn it down. Oh and before anything I just want to thank everyone before had for any help you can give me, also don't get pissed if I ask a stupid question or two....this is my first swap.

So heres a little history on the project: A co-worker of mine has (well had now) a 95 Civic EX Vtec coupe, stick, that he was looking to sell. I wasn't looking for another car, but after he told me the price, well lets just say I have another car now. Overall it's in good condition, a faded red paint job, blown struts, and a little bit of "Honda rust" on the left quarter. But other than that it drives great.

Well on the other side of town a friend of mine was going to do a B18C1 swap into his CRX. But after changing his mind and deciding he wanted a boosted D series, the B18 went up for sale. After talking to him we struck a deal that we would trade motors (he takes the D from the Civic and I get the B, plus I gave him some cash). What made the deal sweeter is that he had a host of goodies with it and the engine and computer are all ODB1 (sweet!). So now I have a car and motor.

Next is the trans. The transmission he had on the motor was a cable from a B16...not going to work. Luckly my friend's co-worker had a freshly rebuilt LS trans that he was looking to unload. And before you make fun of me for getting an LS trans, I picked it up for well under half it would of costed me for a used GSR trans. So now I have all the major componets, it's the details I need help with.

First off what axles/half shaft do I need that'll fit a LS transmission and into a 95 EX hub? I'm looking to save as much money as possible so spending $350 on hasport axles is out of the question (unless thats the only one's that'll fit). Second off mounts? What kind do I need to fit this motor and trans into the shell? I think with those two items taken care of I will have everything to do the swap.

I'll keep this thread updated with pictures and write ups as I go along (and probably a lot more questions).
Old 02-09-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Project Low Budget B18 (stealth2)

u could have used the b16 tranny with a hasport cable to hydro conversion kit for 199 from http://www.hasport.com but since ur using a hydraulic transmission u will need axles and halfshaft from 94-01 integra. as far as the mounts go u can use ur drivers side mount as long as the car was an EX u will need to get a b-series rear tranny mount from 94-01 integra and the tranny mount from 94 -01 integra!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Project Low Budget B18 (kyle_civic)

any be series trans would of worked, even the CABLE just woulda ran you another 250 ish fr doin the swap and a lil bit more work, any integra axel 94+ works, before you go buy a used one, go to autozone and get the lifetime warranty axel,

mounts either integra or hasport have fun also if you can try and keepthe p28 and chip it,

tunewithcrome.com is a free progamn, alot of turbo guys use it, i dunno what do u mr2 guys have????? uhh AEM standalones? kinda like that but only runs ya 20 bucks for a chip haha unless you traded it already but w/e its all good