Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (Auto to Manual) : Step TWO installation:no boost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (Auto to Manual) : Step TWO installation:no boost?

welllll...fun stuff with the swap project today. here's a couple things that kind of came to be a problem:

dropping the turbo took forever. unhooking all the crap and oil return line and what not seemed to take a long time.

taking off allll the paneling for the pedal assembly seemed like a bit much of work but its all in now.

installing the skunk2 intake mani kind of sucked even out of the motor but that got done along with a brand new resurfaced flywheel and action clutch installed. still gotta install the belts and other misc. things on the gsr motor but its all good.

BIGGEST THING:
******* apexi d-series mani does not bolt on to the gsr engine at all....not even close. i read all about the ls motor with one and how he made his fit but i mean no amount of drilling or fabricating would make that thing fit....so yea that reallllly pissed me off but i guess it gives me more time to peice together a better sized turbo for my new application. so if anyone looking to buy the apexi turbo kit, including turbo, manifold, downpipe, oil return line, then pm me.

sooo project continues tomorrow and motor should be in by 3 or 4 i think. got pics but will upload tomorrow. wish me luck...enough dumb **** has already happened anyways.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (Auto to Manual) : Step TWO installation:no boost? (leadtrum)

I dont know who told you that a d series manifold woule fit a b series but they are a retard. Sucks though. I mean think about trying to but a b series header on a d series.haha. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (jDmDxTuRd)

nah, you can do a search on apexi d-series on a b-series...glago1a. even has dyno results and everything...i mean why would someone lie about soemthing like that. i trust he did do it.

but yea for some reason...didn't work, but oh well plan is t3/to4e now so guess it'll work out in the end.

here's the post:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=363036
Old 08-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (leadtrum)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by glagola1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You have to redrill the holes where the studs on the head bolt up. You also should grind out the ports. The middle two ports aren't that bad to start with but the outside ports need about 3/8" of material removed which doesn't leave a lot of material on the outside of the flange.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

He said you have to redrill the head so that you can move around the studs where the manifold bolts to. I would rather just buy a manifold that works. You could even make your own if you buy some piping and know how to weld
Old 08-07-2003, 12:14 PM
iwantaz

Default Re: Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (b16a ferio)

Glagola and I Im'ed about this. What you have to do is get a gasket from a B18C and place it next to the manifold ...well you know where . And then port and drill from there. It sounds like a two hour job and pretty easy.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Project Ek Coupe GSR Turbo (iwantaz)

or... buy a b series manifold and sell the d series manifold.

or am i missing something?