Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PROJECT BATTLE Plans,Progress,final --- Stay tuned as it develops

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROJECT BATTLE Plans,Progress,final --- Stay tuned as it develops

I have nicknamed my next project "BATTLE" as it will be my daily driver/winter car on a budget. the plans are as follows but arent limited to this. it will be built on a budget, a slim one. there will be alot of tech questions in here, and anything that says WTB next to it I obviously havent bought yet and I am looking for so if you have it, speak up VIA PM. she may eventually get boost at a later date, who the hell knows. Before you go Flaming, Remember, THIS PROJECT IS ALL FUNCTION! with a Jdm twist

VISIT MY WTB THREAD!!! https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=984091

$ invested thus far:

$150 B16 block, crank, clutch slave, tranny, oil pan, windage tray

This thread is really nothing more than a public notepad for the project, but i fig some would enjoy watching it come together

it will start with a 96-98 EK shell (EX) which will recieve a fresh coat of some cheap *** paint, maybe Maaco... who knows

may get a 99-00 front in the future, but i like the 96-98 more than most do

I would like to do a 4 wheel disc conversion now since there is no motor in it but $ may not allow (WTB) I will put KVR rotors where i can

Engine Bay/Suspension:

-the steering rack bushings will be replaced with energy suspension, about $20 I think
-front mounts will be replaced for JimFab torque mounts $60 bux I think
-Battery Will be re-located to the trunk for no reason what so ever, i just feel like it
-Like i said, i would like to do a big MC for the disc conversion, but cant afford the conversion at this time, TECH: can I do the big MC now and make it work with the stock ex brakes?
- I will use some kind of short ram intake (WTB) or a stock airbox
-HA SPORT MOUNTS
-custom 4 gauge grounding system

KYB GR2's or tokico Blues under Progress springs, maybe some other custom rate spring to match the weight of the motor

Steelies with studded snows for the winter, 16" 6-spoke enkei's (gunmetal/polished lip) for the summer

Motor:

the b20 plans have shifted, it is now going to be a b16 cuz I found all the parts in the invested section for 150 bux, all i need now is a head, pistons rods, a trip to the machine shop, and to send my tranny to dirty sol for a re-build Or I will trade the B16 tranny for a GS-r

it will be a b16 block as mentioned above, with a Gs-r head, skunk2 intake manifold, new ITR pistons, new B16 rods. The most expensive part of this whole project is going to be the machine work, I am sending it all to endyne ( http://www.theoldone.com ) to be done. as I will probobly do to my GSR motor as well when it comes time for that.

Header, I dont care whatever works for the lowest money (WTB)
Exhaust, 99-00 EM1 SI (WTB)

Exterior:

Shaved emblums, TECH: anyone know the best way to fill the holes?
JDM CTR heads, stanley OEM
yellow bulbs and citylights
remove molding in front fender and replace with side marker
99-00 Si tails
OEM 96-98 CTR grill
OEM 96-98 CTR lip
OEM amber fogs (clear if I cant find amber) with OEM switch

Modded Grillcraft Grill in black, HEAR ME OUT BEFORE YOU POOP ON IT.
East coasters will understand. we have all blown foglights/kicked snow out of our bumper, put the cardboard over the radiator to make our heat work at -10 deg, etc etc. So my devious *** is going to cut holes in the grill where the fogs go to keep it from obstructing the light, then I am going to MFG a plate of plexiglass that fits over it perfectly and protects the fogs/opening from snow and -10 deg air that is -30 or 40 deg once you calculate for cooling effect and windchill.
This grill stupidity will be removed for the summer months

Thule rack with wind deflector

OEM ex rear spoiler

Interior:

Big BUrly Snow catching plastic mats
CTR shift Boot (WTB)
ITR ****
LEVOC PEDALS (they have this sharp ring that digs into your shoe)
USDM ITR SEATS (WTB)
ITR or CTR seats, whichever fits in the back (WTB)
Cheese *** CD player
Oil pressure gauge
water temp gauge

Something special and secret in the lower tape player housing.

I have quite a few other things to add to this little notepade I have just created, but i am tired.
I also dont know exactly when this is gonna start, so watch and see... maybe a day or two, maybe a month... who knows. I just know my Gs-r is gonna need boost, and I wont drive it in the winter anyway. the boost project may keep her laid up for next season so I have to have something to take to the meets.

PLEASE POST COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS, I am always open to listen. Flame if you want, I am doing it this way cuz it is what I like, and I have to spend 1/2 my life in it

Modified by ILuvJDMITR at 1:53 PM 10/4/2004
Old 10-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PROJECT BATTLE Plans,Progress,final --- Stay tuned as it develops (ILuvJDMITR)

no help here?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: PROJECT BATTLE Plans,Progress,final --- Stay tuned as it develops (ILuvJDMITR)

You need to take pics of the car for a nice little timeline. Do you even have the shell now?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILuvJDMITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-Like i said, i would like to do a big MC for the disc conversion, but cant afford the conversion at this time, TECH: can I do the big MC now and make it work with the stock ex brakes?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Define big? You could get a 88-91 Si (i believe its Si) MC and it works just as good as a GSR MC (Tom did a huge write up about this. Its in FAQ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILuvJDMITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Motor:

-B20 non Vtec, why? more torque than a B18B, not as expensive as a b16 (WTB)
but, $ may only allow for an LS swap
-LS tranny, keep tall gear ratios for mileage and snow goin (WTB)
TECH: Anyone know what clutch rig I have to use when mating these two together? RPS
Tech: What axles/intermediate shaft?
Tech: What ECU?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know the clutch question, but i believe you could use all LS clutch/flywheel parts.

Axles you want LS

ECU you want LS as well.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILuvJDMITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shaved emblums, TECH: anyone know the best way to fill the holes?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fiberglass works wonders. But its a bitch to sand. If you want something easy to use then bondo it is.

I think thats it for your tech. questions. Now pics of what you have now and get started.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yakima &gt; thule for no real reason
Old 10-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

info updated, no pics yet
Old 10-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, bondo works well for those 2 small holes. I did it on mine and you can't even tell. I'm local so if you want to check it out you can.