Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PROJECT: 95 4Dr LX Build... till whenever I'm done.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROJECT: 95 4Dr LX Build... till whenever I'm done.

March 25, 2012

Some of you may remember this little log I did. My first Honda.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/project-92-honda-civic-vx-build-till-whenever-im-done-2589471/

So after getting rid of my little VX hatch , I knew I had to have another Civic. I absolutely fell in love with these cars with owning my hatchback. But this time around, I needed a 4door w/ air conditioning. So today, I took delivery of my next "Project Honda". A 95 Honda Civic LX from California! This is about the cleanest "all-original" Honda Civic I've seen in Canada. I jumped on this car ASAP once I found out it was a California original. NO RUST! And, the undercarriage is as clean as my "no-winter" MR2. SCORE! A no-rust Civic of this lineage is rare to find in Canada.

Mechanically, it runs great! Very smooth. It's got approximately 146,000 miles on the odometer (234,000kms). That's pretty low compared to average. Power windows, power mirrors, power doors, A/C, and cruise control. I'm not a fan of the "powered features" as they can be a nuisance when they crap out. But they all work great at the moment (knocks on wood). I much prefer roll-up style windows and manual everything, but oh well...

Car came with a remote starter too! Although I shun at any 5spd car with a remote starter, this one is installed and works great. It'll be great for when winter time comes around. No more having to go outside to start the car to get it heated.

The rad has seen better days though. I'm already looking to replace that. As well, there's a fair bit of rattling coming from the distributor. I'm thinking that it might be on it's way out. I'll inspect it further when I have time but I think I'll just replace it to be on the safe side.

The driver's rear door bezel is missing/broke. I'll find one from the junkyard.

The fuel gauge doesn't work. I've already got another fuel level sender sitting in my garage waiting to replace the broken one.

All in all, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase! I also got this car for a steal too.

In terms of plans. Well, my last project didn't go as planned LOL. But we'll see how this new "Project Honda" plays out. For sure, I want to do a low-boost project. Like an a/c compatible small turbo system. T25 on wastegate with stock internals, extra fuel, and tune. 160-180'ish whp and I'll be happy. I wanna lower it just a tad but still retain good ride comfort. Will probably get Tein S-Tech springs to achieve that. Find some clean 99 SIR wheels, do a body lip kit, and aesthetically make it clean JDM. I wanna paint the hood, roof, and trunk black at some point too.

Okay enough talking...

PICTURES:

THANKS FOR VIEWING!