Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

programming remote transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programming remote transmitters

I recently purchased a new remote for my '99 civic and need
instructions on how to program it. Any info would help me out.
Thanks
Old 01-24-2002, 05:28 PM

Default Re: programming remote transmitters (mtbiker)

I'll try to remember to find out for you tommorrow, thats the best that I can do. Later!
Old 01-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: programming remote transmitters (iceburgslim)

what kind of alarm is it. if it is a viper or any dei alarm, here is what you have to do. if it is a factory alarm then take it to the dealer, they should do it for free. it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes for them.

1. place the key in the ignition and turn it to acc.
2. press the valet button however many times you need to to get to that particular channel. for example if you want to program channel one you need to press the valet button one time and then press it one more time but this time hold it down. it should chirp one time for channel one. if you want to programm channel two, then press the valet button two times and a third time but this time hold it down. once again it will chirp but this time two times to indicate channel two.
3. after it chirps and you depress the valet button, press the button on the remote to activate that function that corrosponds to that channel.
4. turn the key to the off position, and then start over to go to the next channel.

examples

my channel one is to lock and unlock the doors and arm and disarm the remote. what i did was turned the key on, pressed the valet button one time and a second and held it until the chirp and depressed the button. then i pressed the button in the top right corner of my remote and then turned my car off. then i went to the next one.

if you don't know what function each channel does, then it is time for trial and error. i didn't know what the channels were for and it took me twenty minutes to figure it out.

hope this helps