Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Problems running, need some help guys...serious help...piecing together a stolen mess

Old 09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems running, need some help guys...serious help...piecing together a stolen mess

Alright here is the story behind this:

back in june my car was stolen (while i was at the movies)...they found my hatch 3 weeks later about 20 miles from where it was taken. What they got:
My GSR head, (left the block with high comp. pistons)
H.i.ds
Mirrors
corners
& Rims
battery

They left the full skunk2 suspension, and full cat-back exhaust, LSD tranny,
so, unfortunately the head includes everything essential for the car to function properly. WHen the gsr was in there before there was no check engine light or codes

I finally got the head and everything put on...its running codes 9 and 14
which i believe is IACV and a #1 cyl sensor.

the symptoms:
after it warms up, if u hold the throttle steady it revs,...or rather surges...like high low high low high,...almost like im feathering the acceleratoor...but im not lol. so it lunges when it is in gear...

I also want to make sure the correct setup is in,... i got a p72 ecu...for my 99 GSR motor...that is the right ECU right? can anyone help me out? do i need to replace the iacv? what about the #1 cyl code?

One more thing...

I got a jdm gauge cluster...plug and play right?
well, i plug it in put the key on the on position and the kph jumps to 20 without starting...anything i need to ground out or fix? or is it busted?

also...i have r/c 360 cc injectors...but didnt put them on... i have an aem fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel fitler...just didnt put the injectors on there...b/cthey are obd2 and i have obd1 harness so i need to get the injector wires...but i dont even think i need them on there...
Old 09-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Problems running, need some help guys...serious help...piecing together a stolen mess (TreyGSR)

can anyone help?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Problems running, need some help guys...serious help...piecing together a stolen mess (TreyGSR)

bump 4 help
Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

about your gauge.

i got a jdm one too and for the longest my tach didnt work. till yesterday i was taking it apart to sell it (cause you know that they dont have to yellow or green plug on the back) and during the process the tach needle fell off. so i started my car and then put the needle on at my idle off 600 and its been workig fine ever since. even checked it with a budies hatch. so basicly what im sayin is maybe just reset the needle to 0 when you put the key in acc position.