Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Problems with putting in a new Deck?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with putting in a new Deck?

I have an issue with putting in a new deck in my 94 Dx 4dr. Just recently baught a new pioneer deck. From the start when i baught my car, The stock deck never showed station number, or played tapes. I had to randomly find my own stations. Me and a buddy of mines tried to put in the new deck, took out the old one, and used the new one. The plug cord dosent even work.. we cut up the wires and tried to connect, and it works that way. The only thing is that it dosent start or show station or WELCOME. We tried it on my buddys ek and it worked fine. Im sure its not my fuses, my 15's are NOT blown. I have no clue what to do now..Ideas? SoZ for a damn paragraph
Old 05-25-2009, 10:13 AM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Problems with putting in a new Deck?

Originally Posted by Windizzle
I have an issue with putting in a new deck in my 94 Dx 4dr. Just recently baught a new pioneer deck. From the start when i baught my car, The stock deck never showed station number, or played tapes. I had to randomly find my own stations. Me and a buddy of mines tried to put in the new deck, took out the old one, and used the new one. The plug cord dosent even work.. we cut up the wires and tried to connect, and it works that way. The only thing is that it dosent start or show station or WELCOME. We tried it on my buddys ek and it worked fine. Im sure its not my fuses, my 15's are NOT blown. I have no clue what to do now..Ideas? SoZ for a damn paragraph
If you want real answers, try asking real questions. Your description is terrible.

Wiring in a new deck is easy. The new deck comes with wiring attached to a plug. The ends of the wires are raw, meaning that you need to solder them to the corresponding wires on the factary harness. What did you screw up? It doesn't work? Check your wiring.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

buying the wiring harness for that deck to that car also helps.

saying that you just "cut up wires and tried to connect" sounds really bad, imo.

look in a FSM and look at the chassis harness and cross-reference them with the cd player.

solder is best but crimps aren't too bad.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 AM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipkc
buying the wiring harness for that deck to that car also helps.

saying that you just "cut up wires and tried to connect" sounds really bad, imo.

look in a FSM and look at the chassis harness and cross-reference them with the cd player.

solder is best but crimps aren't too bad.
When you buy an adapter harness, the colours are almost always matched to the factory colours. It would however be beneficial to double check your colours.

Crimps are very bad. Always solder and shrink tube.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 AM

just check the wiring but it looks like a power probem is the yellow wire have 12+ cause were alot of people make the mistake of puting the red wire to the batt. and yellow to ignition and its the other way arond yellow to batt. and red to ignition check it out
Attached Images