Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problems with my CX swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with my CX swap

Hey guys, first off let me apoligise if there are other posts that cover this problem, i have been searching for days and have not for anything solid to work with. I am dropping a 96 b18b1 into my 93 CX hatch. I wanted to know if anyone has done a B-series swap into a CX and if you used the stock CX hubs. That being said, I understand integra brakes are better and they are an easy swap. It will be done asap. For now id like to get everything in the car and running smooth before i worry about upgrading other things. If you have done or currently own this swap combo please hit me up. If not thanks anyway, but i don't require speculation or opinions. Just the facts. Thx
Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems with my CX swap

I'm sure plenty of folks have used the stock CX hubs.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:41 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hannslebo
I'm sure plenty of folks have used the stock CX hubs.
What part of "I don't require speculation" did you have a problem with?

The pictures are broken but here's this link.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/dans-massive-obd2-b18b1-into-1992-civic-cx-hatch-write-up-2239971/
He didn't swap hubs.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I had a B20Vtec Civic CX with stock hubs
Old 01-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
What part of "I don't require speculation" did you have a problem with?

The pictures are broken but here's this link.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2239971
Maybe this will be better......

YES...people have used the stock CX hubs for B series swaps.

Is that okay for you humblemarc?
Old 01-22-2012, 02:58 PM
The Grumpiest

No, because he also said "If you have done or currently own this swap combo please hit me up. If not thanks anyway". He wanted reports from people that have done the swap or had facts to present. You gave him neither.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I have done a B series swap on a 95 DX coupe with the stock hubs. The cx and dx hubs are the same. Is this better?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:16 PM
The Grumpiest

Maybe you should have said that up front.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Maybe you should have said that up front.
Yes sir! Next time I will be more informative! Thank you sir.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol, thanks guys. I am going to start a build thread once I have some good pics and I actually start pulling everything. This CX is on its last leg and I need the swap done in a weekend so I'm chasing down everything I could possibly need for this swap. HT is great for info. Bump for an awesome site
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Checked out the link, same thread I have been using to chase down parts. Probably one of the more detailed swap threads. I didn't see where he mentioned whether or not he used the stock hubs, but I did not see hubs on the parts list. I actually posted the same question on that thread. Another quick question, are the radiator and heater hoses, fuel line, from the DA teg compatible with the b18b1 swap? To my understanding the block is the same for all years pretty much its the head, etc that are diff.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys, got a new problem, see if you can help. i've already asked this in my build thread, but I would apprieciate any pointers. i am swapping obd2a b1.8 into a 93 eg hatch, CX model. i have the obd2a engine side harness, obd2a ecu, ecu conversion harness. everything i have read says my obd2a engine side harness should be plug and play with the obd1 shock tower harness connectors. I have one plug on each side that dose not connect. It looks like it should, but there are white plastic prongs sticking out of the obd2 plugs that keep the plug from connecting. Can these be removed, do i need plugs from obd1 harness? Any ideas? My swap is almost done but cannot start without the harness connected
Old 02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 hatchguy
Another quick question, are the radiator and heater hoses, fuel line, from the DA teg compatible with the b18b1 swap? To my understanding the block is the same for all years pretty much its the head, etc that are diff.
If it's from a '92 - '93 Integra than you should be able to use the fuel line, and the rad hoses, the rad you can use if you don't mind fabbing up costom brackets, most people just reuse the civic rad.

Originally Posted by 93 hatchguy
I have one plug on each side that dose not connect. It looks like it should, but there are white plastic prongs sticking out of the obd2 plugs that keep the plug from connecting. Can these be removed, do i need plugs from obd1 harness? Any ideas? My swap is almost done but cannot start without the harness connected
The piece of plastic from the other side of the plug probably got stuck in the plug when the harness was removed from the original car. Just pull the extra plastic piece out with a pair of pliers.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Stock hubs for the win!!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Throttle cable arrived today. Installed it and drove to the muffler shop to fix the exhaust issue. The new down pipe was about 3 inches short of the stock CX exhaust and the flange was almost 90 degrees off. New 2 1/4 pipe from the flange back and a weld on DC sports tip. It incredibly loud but sounds good under heavy throttle. I'll be adding something in line to tone it down a bit. All in all it was a pretty good swap. Throwing engine codes, I suspect the o2 as I have not done the 3 wire conversion and the secondary o2 was not connected. I also notice a slight grind into third if I am pushing it, but with the used engine/trans combo and can't complain. Its like a got a new car, no more waiting to pull out, so my CX didn't get waxed. Props once again to Dan for his write up, everything was accurate and I only noticed a few things not mentioned. Mainly the vaccume hoses from the charcoal cannister required slight modification, and I did have to pull the white part out of two of the plugs from the wiring harness so they would connect at the shock tower. Not sure if these were stuck in, left over from a previous swap, but all of my old wiring was intact. Also thanks to those who just offered info advice along the way. I could have probably gotten it done, but HT saved me hours of headache.