Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problems after doing a swap.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems after doing a swap.

well the story goes like this, i had a ls/v in my 96 integra and got into an accident a couple months ago ( rear end damage) and just this past weekend my brother in law and i swapped out the ls/v into a 92 civic hatch. Now with everything all put in and running after we took it out for a test spin we notice that only for a short period when your acclerating the car boggs down as if it's being restricted somehow. first thing we thought was the exhaust but that wasn't it so now i'm starting to think that it could be either the timing or it's getting too much fuel or not enough. i know it's not the plugs, wires, distrubitor because those were just replaced when i did the ls/v conversion. on a side note before we swapped the motor over to the civic i had to drive the car to my brother in law's house and everything was fine, acceleration was great. if anyone has any inputs or opinion it would be greatly appreciated. thanks...sorry for this sounding like a short story.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems after doing a swap.

Originally Posted by jdm_integra96
well the story goes like this, i had a ls/v in my 96 integra and got into an accident a couple months ago ( rear end damage) and just this past weekend my brother in law and i swapped out the ls/v into a 92 civic hatch. Now with everything all put in and running after we took it out for a test spin we notice that only for a short period when your acclerating the car boggs down as if it's being restricted somehow. first thing we thought was the exhaust but that wasn't it so now i'm starting to think that it could be either the timing or it's getting too much fuel or not enough. i know it's not the plugs, wires, distrubitor because those were just replaced when i did the ls/v conversion. on a side note before we swapped the motor over to the civic i had to drive the car to my brother in law's house and everything was fine, acceleration was great. if anyone has any inputs or opinion it would be greatly appreciated. thanks...sorry for this sounding like a short story.
Not to sure but maybe it can be the throttle cable??
Old 03-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the reply i'll have to check that but im sure it probably won't be the throttle cable. but it's worth a shot.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM

i had a similar problem on my recent swap. Do you have a check engine light on? i had one and all i had to do was replace the distributor because oil leaked into the dizzy through the O ring and it fried my cylinder position sensor. But since you don't have any codes check your timing... bogging at lower rpms sounds like timing! It could also be a defective fuel pump not sending enough fuel! i'm not a tech but i kinda have an idea...
Old 03-15-2009, 02:04 PM
New User

I have a 95 civic with b17 it was running great for about 3 months and now im haveing the same thing... if you finde out what it is let me know!