Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   problem with v-tec (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/problem-v-tec-2762811/)

poormanstyperb16 04-19-2010 01:46 PM

hit v-tec but lose power

need help. i have a semi built b16a2 on a 99 Em1 its been dyno tuned with these parts.
1. before

skunk2 stage 2 cam shaft
skunk2 cam gears
skunk2 valve retainers/springs
skunk2 pro series manifold
type r throttle body 64mm
ctr piston
shot ping on b16 rod
V2 cold air intake
3 angle valve job
hondata manifold gasket
mugen head gasket
hondata s300
greddy timing belt
dc sport header stainless steel
mugen test pipe
greddy ti-c full exhaust system
head is not ported bottom block is not ported also.
still made 184whp 135 torq.
runs strong when hit v-tec 6500rpm no lag or bogged.

2.after

cop pull me over to much for running the greddy ti-c so i sold it. and drop my tanabe hyper medallion back on which the axleback raddles alot which i think its mess up. change out the header and the mugen test pipe for a straight test pipe got it from ebay. switch the header out for a hytech rage small tube tri-y header and drop in 255 walbro fuel pump also have a 310 rc injector havent install it. planning for another dyno tune. i went for a fun drive and hit v-tec at 6500 rpm it lag alot untill it goes pass 7000 rpm then it'll ripped hard to 8500 rpm. im believing that im losing alot of power when i hit v-tec range 6500rpm.
video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vAxgFM060

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uubTN9qFqMQ

any help guys.

poormanstyperb16 04-29-2010 04:39 PM

Re: problem with v-tec

any help HELLO! thank you honda fans.

poormanstyperb16 05-01-2010 05:23 AM

BUMP!!!

Help anyone. =(

CivicSpoon 05-01-2010 07:47 AM

You probably just shifted the powerband and now need a re-tune. I mean you definitely shifted the powerband, by changing the way the engine breaths, but that could alone be the problem.

poormanstyperb16 05-01-2010 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by CivicSpoon (Post 42345215)
You probably just shifted the powerband and now need a re-tune. I mean you definitely shifted the powerband, by changing the way the engine breaths, but that could alone be the problem.

alright thank you very much. going to church auto for another tune up. makes me breath better now =). i thought my motor was a gonner. if i full throttle it it'll have that v-tec lag untill it pass 7000 rpm but when i half throttle its fine pretty smooth from 6500 rpm to 8500 rpm no bogged or lag.

98civdx 05-01-2010 09:19 PM

Your not worried about getting in trouble for all that?? cali is ****ed up lol isnt it like 1000 ticket for removing a cat if caught?

poormanstyperb16 05-01-2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by 98civdx (Post 42350404)
Your not worried about getting in trouble for all that?? cali is ****ed up lol isnt it like 1000 ticket for removing a cat if caught?

yup. b16a2 and a heat sheild covers my tri-y header =) the stock cat i cut it cuz it was blown so i cut the inside and yup free air flow.

98civdx 05-01-2010 09:43 PM

Well thats good, it pass smog?

jdmstyleEJ6 05-02-2010 12:31 AM

move to the great state of texas no cops here care i c people that have no exuast jus headers and neva get pulled ova.

poormanstyperb16 05-02-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by jdmstyleEJ6 (Post 42351199)
move to the great state of texas no cops here care i c people that have no exuast jus headers and neva get pulled ova.

lol. thats right. but its cool. ok lets stick to the subject. anyone knows whats the problem with my v-tec bogging or have read my description?

98civdx 05-02-2010 09:48 PM

From what i know and have seen its needs to be re tuned.

poormanstyperb16 05-03-2010 04:44 PM

yea cause when i half throttle it, it doesnt lagged or bogged it just ripped right through v-tec XD but when i full throttle it, it bogged and lagged. my exhuast that connects to the axleback its leaking water from the gasket do i need new gasket or is that normal? eh thanks guys for all the tips im go for another tune up i guess back to church automotive then.

THANKS GUYS for all the tips.

poormanstyperb16 05-03-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by 98civdx (Post 42350566)
Well thats good, it pass smog?

lol good question. nope.

98civdx 05-04-2010 11:05 AM

could just be condensation but it shouldnt be coming out, it should just go out muffler like everyone elses i know.

poormanstyperb16 05-04-2010 11:39 AM

will its not comming out from the muffler its comming out from the muffler connector i check the gasket and its good but im thinking of changing it out to a new one see if it still leak water. ok will if it leaks water does that mean it'll leak air also?

EJeff8 05-04-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by poormanstyperb16 (Post 42374768)
will its not comming out from the muffler its comming out from the muffler connector i check the gasket and its good but im thinking of changing it out to a new one see if it still leak water. ok will if it leaks water does that mean it'll leak air also?

Considering that this water is condensed air, then yes, it might be one and the same.

poormanstyperb16 05-04-2010 12:50 PM

ok will the brand new gasket and the old one is like the same but just htat brand new just looks all silver out and the use one is all brown or black but looks good i try to tight it but nothing. maybe i should drive it and park it then see if it'll stop leaking water. and thanks for the answer =).

honda_luvr_2000 05-04-2010 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by poormanstyperb16 (Post 42374768)

Heads up, you also may want to look into replacing the springs at that connection along with the gasket unless there aren't any (factory spring bolts with springs at "flex" joints of exhaust). I do remember (as I'm typing this) that you mentioned having an aftermarket exhaust, so with that, just make sure it's well tightened when the new gasket is put in. Reason I mentioned the springs is because they do weaken over time from weather, corrosion, & constant full spring loaded (bind) pressure (they aren't exactly the most highly engineered parts on the car).

98civdx 05-04-2010 04:28 PM

Had a issue like what your saying on my car, and it was just the bolts had tuned loose.

poormanstyperb16 05-06-2010 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by honda_luvr_2000 (Post 42375581)
Heads up, you also may want to look into replacing the springs at that connection along with the gasket unless there aren't any (factory spring bolts with springs at "flex" joints of exhaust). I do remember (as I'm typing this) that you mentioned having an aftermarket exhaust, so with that, just make sure it's well tightened when the new gasket is put in. Reason I mentioned the springs is because they do weaken over time from weather, corrosion, & constant full spring loaded (bind) pressure (they aren't exactly the most highly engineered parts on the car).

you mean the header to the test pipe or the axleback 2 bolt connect to the exhaust 2 bolt? thats where im leaking water from but if your talking about the test pipe yes i replace it to a straight pipe and it does leak water too but then i tighten it and it stop. i drop out the springs and your right it gets weaken. thanks for the good reply cause i never new that -_-.

poormanstyperb16 05-06-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by 98civdx (Post 42377904)
Had a issue like what your saying on my car, and it was just the bolts had tuned loose.

ok then im replace it with new gasket and see if it still leaks and i'll make sure its F***** tight =). hoping it'll work cause dyno tune is comming up soon.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.

b20hatchek 05-06-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by jdmstyleEJ6 (Post 42351199)

what part of texas do you live in? geez you cant drive down the road for 2 mins and dps is already on your a$$ (tyler area hour from dallas)

poormanstyperb16 05-06-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by b20hatchek (Post 42394243)
what part of texas do you live in? geez you cant drive down the road for 2 mins and dps is already on your a$$ (tyler area hour from dallas)

lol is that guy serious because its kinda unbelievable. open header and cops wont pull you over. but yea ok then stick to the topic guys. =(

raidacaipo 05-06-2010 07:39 PM

Pretty clean.. Just get a tune my friend.

poormanstyperb16 05-06-2010 08:00 PM

your the 10th person that said that. lol i think im go with another re-tune then dang it -_- i thought changing parts wont change the powerband. guess i know nothing about it. =(

thanks for the help man. will post dyno sheet soon. and see if the problem is solve too just to let everyone know about it (why it bogged at 6500 rpm to 7000 rpm when v-tec is engage)

THANK YOU EVERYONE...