Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   problem starting my car (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/problem-starting-my-car-1542752/)

d_SUPAl1l 02-27-2006 10:47 PM

problem starting my car

Would there be something wrong with my starter if my car doesnt start on the first crank? It takes 2 cranks to start it everytime between long periods without starting it. I recently took out the starter to replace my transmission, then it started to have difficulty in starting. Any help is appreciated. Thanks....The car is a 93 CX with stock motor and transmission.

EikoU 02-27-2006 11:01 PM

Re: problem starting my car (d_SUPAl1l)

might want to check your ground before anything..

d_SUPAl1l 02-27-2006 11:15 PM

Re: problem starting my car (::KeRmIt::)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ::KeRmIt:: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">might want to check your ground before anything..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll take a look at the grounds tomorrow, but what could it be? I believe that they're in the same position as before. Does the placement of the ground wire on the transmission have anything to do with it? Would I just have to reposition the ground wire if its the thing causing the problem?

Kevinarich 02-27-2006 11:19 PM

maybe its just a tune up or the timing being off half a degree. bad connections meaning dirty cap rotor and plugs and wires would mean it is harder to start.

EikoU 02-27-2006 11:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d_SUPAl1l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'll take a look at the grounds tomorrow, but what could it be? I believe that they're in the same position as before. Does the placement of the ground wire on the transmission have anything to do with it? Would I just have to reposition the ground wire if its the thing causing the problem?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just double check em'..make sure their nice and tight and actually making contact..only thing i can't think of at the moment..

salesmonkey 02-28-2006 12:42 AM

when was the last time she saw a oil change?

d_SUPAl1l 02-28-2006 12:49 AM

Re: problem starting my car (salesmonkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by salesmonkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when was the last time she saw a oil change?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

just last month. but i'll check my oil level tomorrow just to make sure. it drives fine though. starting it is just the problem. but once i've started it before like earlier in the day, then starting isnt a problem later on in the day.

Syndacate 02-28-2006 02:55 AM

shit, I should try and make u start my probe in 9ยบ weather... :-P