Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problem with projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
jew
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with projector headlights

i recently bought a 96 civic and i'm having a problem with the headlights. the guy i bought it from says he doesn't know what the problem is. every time i turn the brights on, only the corner blinker light lights up. when the regular beams are on the two outer-most lights light up on each side, but the light closest to the middle of the car on each side does not light up at all. also, there are rings around the two innermost lights that look like they have leds in them, but they never light up. the lights i have are sonar model sk3301 and i couldn't find any information about them, but they are identical in appearance to these:

http://www.modacar.com/product....html
Old 08-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with projector headlights (jew)

make sure all the wiring is correct first, i bet the halo lens arent wired up at all, IMO dont wire them up, and i bet the wiring is just fucked to be honest just go over it all and make sure it is connect correctly to the stock harness ect ect.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:45 PM
jew
Honda-Tech Member

maybe i should provide a little more info....this is the first car i've ever owned that makes me want to learn about it and work on it. so i really have no experience at all. the guy i bought it from said it has been completely re-wired, and i have no idea what i'm looking for. should i just start following the wires back fromt he light and see where they lead?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: problem with projector headlights (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">make sure all the wiring is correct first, i bet the halo lens arent wired up at all, IMO dont wire them up, and i bet the wiring is just fucked to be honest just go over it all and make sure it is connect correctly to the stock harness ect ect. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had this problem once. Look at the clips at the end of the wires where it plugs into head light.

In my case it seemed the heat from the bulbs was breaking down the cheap wire they use and causeing a bad connection
Old 08-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jew)

well there are going to be 2 wires coming out of the headlight of somewhere around 18-20 gauge wire for the halo lights, then from the stock harness there are 3 wires, i beleive its 2 power wires and a common ground, one power goes to the low beams the other to the high beams and of course the ground goes to both. but i would suggest if he did say he rewired all of it to go from each lightbulb back to the harness and see hows its wired goodluck
Old 08-30-2005, 05:53 PM
jew
Honda-Tech Member

the wiring near the light housing appears fine to me, and i had the guys who installed my stereo take a look at it for me, but they said they couldn't tell what the problem was after looking over it quickly and checking that the wires were plugged in securely. when i bought the car it didn't even have bulbs in the two innermost lights (the ones that don't come on at all)..
Old 08-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jew)

what type of lights are in the projector part? are they dual filament bulbs?? because he might have totally changed everything around...
Old 08-30-2005, 06:08 PM
jew
Honda-Tech Member

the lights that aren't lighting up are h1 bulbs. i'm not sure how many filaments, but they are the bulbs i was given at advance auto parts when i asked for h1 bulbs. the guy i bought the car from told me it was supposed to take h1 and it says h1 on the front of the light housing.